DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal jerking down in forward flight

There is no setting that can solve that problem.
Only workaround if you are filming: Start at your endpoint, fly backwards and reverse the footage in post.
That is a problem obviously with any moving objects in the shot ;-)
Ahh... so I’m not the only one that uses this trick!

This is something I do a lot and learned from Phantom guys. They had to do this so the props wouldn’t get in the frame on the Phantoms. I suppose this is why the Mavic does what it does so DJI doesn’t have to hear about the props getting in the frame all the time.

?Traded one issue for another.

I’m having the exact same problem it just started when I updated the firmware, The whole reason for me signing in today was to see if anyone else was having this problem

Reactions: Bill Ludwig
I noticed my gimbal often ending up pointing down. I was in sport mode and flying pretty fast. I don't recall it doing that last year.

Thanks for that info, Paul. I was just about ready to reset to defaults, but research was showing that you can't do that with DJI Assistant on the M2. Anyway, you just saved me from a lot of effort. Mine rarely jerks in 'P' mode, which is what I use 95% of the time anyway.
If you download and use the DJI assistant fr the Mavic Pro (not the 2) it will then allow you to reset the drone...can't do much else since it is not the correct model, of course, but it will allow you to do a "reset"

Oh man, I recently saw the same issue, right after I upgraded to the newest firmware the other day. I used both 2 different iPhones with the controller, just to see if it was something with the app, but same issue. I'm guessing it's the new firmware that caused this, but will also reset to factory settings to test.

@4thdpi
What you mean by 'not true'?
I gave a possible explanation why the gimbal would act in the way described.
There's not enough info or evidence to judge either way.

So, what's your point again?
Flying smooth same altitude it's fine. Descending or abrupt controlling then it acts goofy. Will DJI fix free or will it be something. I've tried every YouTube Fix and it doesn't work. It sounds like this issue is starting to come up for us to bottom at about the same time. I'm not going to play with the wiring are pulling the gimbal apart. What do you guys think we all get together and send them in to get them fixed. I think we all should write DJI. I have never had a crash and I am assuming that you didn't either. It just started happening

Honestly these mavics had this from the gate i think it just happens when u mash the pitch (right stick up) gimble cant compensate in time or pitch is to great when pitch abruptly happens. .....if u start out slow and gradually gain speed it will not do it. Also i did some testing raising my tilt_atti setting for super sport mode on mavic 2 and keeping it at 35 degrees (stock) does not happen as frequently as say moving it to 45 or 50 degrees ....this is why i dont think it is a problem with the actual gimbal itself but more of a limitation

Honestly these mavics had this from the gate i think it just happens when u mash the pitch (right stick up) gimble cant compensate in time or pitch is to great when pitch abruptly happens. .....if u start out slow and gradually gain speed it will not do it. Also i did some testing raising my tilt_atti setting for super sport mode on mavic 2 and keeping it at 35 degrees (stock) does not happen as frequently as say moving it to 45 or 50 degrees ....this is why i dont think it is a problem with the actual gimbal itself but more of a limitation
Where is the ‘tilt_atti setting’ you are referring to for the M2? I’d like to give that a try. Thanks.

Where is the ‘tilt_atti setting’ you are referring to for the M2? I’d like to give that a try. Thanks.
Oh thats in an old version of dji assistant 1.1.2 u will have to enable debug mode ....if u do a little googling u will find what you are looking for. Dont know if modding is allowed to be talked about here.....

I’m having the exact same problem it just started when I updated the firmware, The whole reason for me signing in today was to see if anyone else was having this problem

I'm going on a long road-trip starting tomorrow. I had almost talked myself into upgrading to the new firmware before going (because of the smoother waypoints mostly), but I am now convinced to that should do nothing until I get back.

So thanks all for this thread — you may have saved me from a lot of frustration.

FYI: the only time I have had this happen was gimbal jerking DOWN when flying into strong winds (strong enough to get warnings from DJI GO that I should land). The issue never reappeared on subsequent flights. So I'm agreeing with the OP that at first look, this seems to be new firmware related.

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin