DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal knocks loudly during roll test on startup - no video feed - front sensors not working

• Thread starter Deleted member 45347
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45347

Hello,
i was just about to go flying, but this massive issue showed up.
When the drone starts, everything seems fine. During the last Gimbal calibration step portrait/landscape movement, i can hear 2 very loud clicks after which the camera module goes into the right position.
In the app, i see 2 warnings - gimbal motor overloaded and front sensors not working.
The sensor status bar shows red and says the light conditions are too low but that is bs because it's in a bright environment.
The major issue is that video feed is gone. Camera image shows black and nothing else.
Is this a common issue?
The drone is under warranty, it has less than 1.5 hours of flight time. Last time i flew it it was 100% fine after which i put in a hardcase with all the protection.
Thanks
Dave

Hello,
i was just about to go flying, but this massive issue showed up.
When the drone starts, everything seems fine. During the last Gimbal calibration step portrait/landscape movement, i can hear 2 very loud clicks after which the camera module goes into the right position.
In the app, i see 2 warnings - gimbal motor overloaded and front sensors not working.
The sensor status bar shows red and says the light conditions are too low but that is bs because it's in a bright environment.
The major issue is that video feed is gone. Camera image shows black and nothing else.
Is this a common issue?
The drone is under warranty, it has less than 1.5 hours of flight time. Last time i flew it it was 100% fine after which i put in a hardcase with all the protection.
Thanks
Dave
Front sensors and video feed all go to same little pcb so possibly fault with that particular board.
I have one on eBay if you're in the UK.

Is it at all possible that you left the gimbal cover on? Mine will knock against it if I do. That may account for the low light problems, too -- and the 'gimbal overload' message.

Is it at all possible that you left the gimbal cover on? Mine will knock against it if I do. That may account for the low light problems, too -- and the 'gimbal overload' message.
No, everything was off. I triple check before turning the drone on

If it is under warrenty, send it back. No video feed is not just a setting somewhere. Alternative you could try to make a vid/photo and see if it records onto the sd card.

If it is under warrenty, send it back. No video feed is not just a setting somewhere. Alternative you could try to make a vid/photo and see if it records onto the sd card.
Sent it back today. It seems like that PCB is dead. Hope it's gonna be repaired soon.

What does it say when you try to calibrate vision sensors with DJI assistant ?
Did not try that. I sent the drone for warranty repair. The DJI App said Front vision sensors not working - Low light conditions, which i assume it detected because the main video feed was dead as well

Yeah -- they seem to be pretty good on warranty repairs. I had a battery go south on me and they sent me a new one within a few days.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo