DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

gimbal lowering on its own

If it's in windy conditions or sports mode it's normal. It's a safety to stop the gimble from hitting the nose of the drone because of its attitude.
While in flight, the camera will tilt down on its own from 0 to -10 or so and stay there. always tilting down on its own, never up

If it's in windy conditions or sports mode it's normal. It's a safety to stop the gimble from hitting the nose of the drone because of its attitude.
Correct. Do some experimenting. If you have any fast aero braking, the nose pitches up hard and the centerline zero can get reset the needed clearance amount in the vertical axis. There's at least one YouTube video that has a demonstration.

While in flight, the camera will tilt down on its own from 0 to -10 or so and stay there. always tilting down on its own, never up
Yes, i have had that issue constantly since getting the M2P,.. flying over the city in my MP1 i could just put the gimbal at 25 -30 and fly around taking pics of clouds, it never adjusted itself, now it "Corrects" me, and it Vacuums!

I just had this happen to me today, several times. I was bothered by it and was thinking of all the hassle of returning the bird, until I got back home and read this thread and saw the comments about the wind.

It was indeed windy, enough that DJI Go was giving me windy condition cautions and advised me to land.

Also, almost every time, I had the gimbal pitched up a bit (getting a mountain peak in the frame from a lower altitude), so that makes it seem even more probable that wind caused the craft to pitch forward enough to move the gimbal (or cause the gimbal mechanism to move it to keep it from hitting).

I'm going to test on the next non-windy day to verify that it doesn't do that on it's own, but mostly, this thread calmed me down -- thanks.

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair