DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal motor overload in the long term

michaelstone

Reactions
Say I am forgetting to take the gimbal clamp off all the time - do you have actual experience the gimbal motor is damaged after some time and gives up?

Those little motors are tougher than you think, and occasional, even repeated temporary restriction should have no lasting effect.

The warning is there to prevent you from doing damage, by long term restriction of the motor, resulting in overheating.

Reactions: michaelstone
Say I am forgetting to take the gimbal clamp off all the time - do you have actual experience the gimbal motor is damaged after some time and gives up?
It's so easy to forget the gimbal clamp even if you follow a mental checklist. Try attaching a long red tag to the clamp, rather like the "remove before flight" tags on a plane. Good luck and have fun.

Reactions: LJSMITH99
It's so easy to forget the gimbal clamp even if you follow a mental checklist. Try attaching a long red tag to the clamp, rather like the "remove before flight" tags on a plane. Good luck and have fun.

Oh, today I forgot even the plastic bubble cover, next time, it could be transmitter :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique