DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal motor overload

rebello

Reactions
Hi guys!
Hi brought the mavic air 2 immediately when it was released and had 2 replacements due to gimbal motor overload. I was tired due to that problem and sold the drone.
since then, do you guys know of there was any kind of improvement in the manufacturing of the gimbal?

I missed the drone and to to buy again but I’m a little afraid of getting the problem again.
thanks in advance!

Reactions: hiflyer201
Hi guys!
Hi brought the mavic air 2 immediately when it was released and had 2 replacements due to gimbal motor overload. I was tired due to that problem and sold the drone.
since then, do you guys know of there was any kind of improvement in the manufacturing of the gimbal?

I missed the drone and to to buy again but I’m a little afraid of getting the problem again.
thanks in advance!

My only advice is to purchase off Amazon and or Best Buy and purchase two units, this will give you a slightly better chance of getting a drone perfect out of the box.

It is also possible that an update fixed that issue along the way,

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain / Snow and land on Water.

Reactions: Hawkeye.
only way that would happen is if you left the gimble cover on when you start it up. I had a similar situation when I forgot to take off my cover and my screen was showing that the gimble was stuck

No problem with mine and since I have a Gimbal Guard, I never put the cover back on.
IMG_0023.JPG

Reactions: Hawkeye.
due to that problem and sold the drone.
Wonder if the guy you pedaled the drone to had the same problem after he took the gimbal guard off? ;)
Sorry...couldn't help it. It would be aggravating to have the same problem occur twice.
I really have never heard the 2 had that problem. Mine behaved goofy one time after I adjusted the filter without shutting down. What a dummy... I guess I was afraid I would flood it and have trouble with a hot start

Reactions: rebello
No problem with mine and since I have a Gimbal Guard, I never put the cover back on.
View attachment 123784
You are living dangerously: the gimbal cover is much more than just a "gimbal guard": it keeps the mechanism stable when not in use. Just sayin'

Bought mine last May when they first came out, never had that issue except when I forgot about the gimbal cover or in terrain that keeps the gimbal from finishing it's initialization. Never had that message in flight before even in 35mph sustained winds.

Reactions: rebello
My only advice is to purchase off Amazon and or Best Buy and purchase two units, this will give you a slightly better chance of getting a drone perfect out of the box.

It is also possible that an update fixed that issue along the way,

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain / Snow and land on Water.
Why amazon? Tech support? Thank you

only way that would happen is if you left the gimble cover on when you start it up. I had a similar situation when I forgot to take off my cover and my screen was showing that the gimble was stuck
To me happen in flight. Ask for a replacement unit and happened again!!

To me happen in flight. Ask for a replacement unit and happened again!!

We purchase Two units at at time and Amazon and Best Buy has the best Return Policy .
If you open one Drone and its not perfect you can open the second and take the best of both worlds and return the other.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic Air 2 in the Rain / Snow and land on Water.

You and i think alike, i have the gimble shade/ protection cover and a apple mini 5,with a sun shade cover[emoji1303]

I had a shade cover for my mavic mini2 and my gimbal got overloaded and jammed it was pointing upwards
is it my shade or the fact it got really windy
Many thanks

IMG_0341.JPG

Why amazon? Tech support? Thank you
I would assume that Amazon makes it easy to return an item if you opened one and it works fine and do not require the other... if one were damaged or had issues, you can probably return it to Amazon more easily. Unless you can prove that a drone is defective, Best Buy will charge a 15% restock fee, on a $1000 drone if opened, that adds up fast.. I am not aware that Amazon does this...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ