Gimbal motor overloaded

Squidinc

I come from a land “down under”
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtu.be
Hey guys,
During my last couple of flights, I’ve been getting a “Gimbal motor overloaded” warning with my MA2. I landed each time but couldn’t see anything wrong with the gimbal’s freedom of movement. I did notice a little jittery footage as a result.

I saw on-line that recalibrating the gimbal, and air blasting it does the trick to stop these warnings. Is there any other remedies you think I should consider?

You could try blowing out the pivot points of the gimbal with compressed air. I had an issue like this when I first got my MA2. The gimble moved freely but gave that error and was jittery in the video for a bit. For me it remedied itself but sometimes it may need some help. What caused it in my case was I landed on my landing pad with the camera hanging over touching the grass. Some dirt or a piece of grass must have gotten in there. After 2 years of flying the drone, it never happened again.

For this reason, I mostly hand launch/land.

Reactions: Squidinc
I saw on-line that recalibrating the gimbal, and air blasting it does the trick to stop these warnings. Is there any other remedies you think I should consider?
Did you try the recalibration? That will often do the trick. I had a Mavic 2 Zoom once with the same issue. Nothing helped so what I ended up doing was essentially disassembling the camera, and spinning the motors. Then I reassembled it and the issue was gone. It was a tedious process and if you have no experience in electronics repair, I would advise it. But if you're confident in your ability, you can try that as a last resort. Personally, I'd try anything else because it takes a lot of concentration and patience especially if you have fat fingers like me.:)

Just be aware, a python recalibration might leave you with a residual gimbal error message, the message doesn't cause problems but it is 'annoying'. I recollect, as an experiment, doing a python recalibration on a working Mini 1 or 2 and being left with the message.
I'd be inclined to try the air blasting first and see what happens.

I thought he m
Just be aware, a python recalibration might leave you with a residual gimbal error message, the message doesn't cause problems but it is 'annoying'. I recollect, as an experiment, doing a python recalibration on a working Mini 1 or 2 and being left with the message.
I'd be inclined to try the air blasting first and see what happens.
I thought he meant the recalibration in the app. Or maybe I'm getting calibration and recalibration mixed up...

Your interpretation could be correct, I stuck "python" in front of **calibration just to deferentiate between the two.

Reactions: BSauce955
for clarification, when we say air blast, is that using one of those bulb like thinks used on cameras or are we talking compressed air from a compressor ?

I ask as my 1st flight on my MA2 I got this error code, it has happened at least once more.

Bulb like thing

https://www.amazon.com/FocusFoto-Ru...argid=pla-945661057650&psc=1&region_id=373786

I don't think I'd use an air compressor. The bulb I think would be better. Canned air may even be too high pressure. Others can chime in with their experience. I've never had to do it myself but I've seen where it has helped and I assumed they used canned air.

Did you try the recalibration? That will often do the trick. I had a Mavic 2 Zoom once with the same issue. Nothing helped so what I ended up doing was essentially disassembling the camera, and spinning the motors. Then I reassembled it and the issue was gone. It was a tedious process and if you have no experience in electronics repair, I would advise it. But if you're confident in your ability, you can try that as a last resort. Personally, I'd try anything else because it takes a lot of concentration and patience especially if you have fat fingers like me.:)
Definitely won’t be trying to take the gimbal apart. I have already
I don't think I'd use an air compressor. The bulb I think would be better. Canned air may even be too high pressure. Others can chime in with their experience. I've never had to do it myself but I've seen where it has helped and I assumed they used canned air.
Could I use the Mrs hair dryer?

Yes, I have done the recalibration, but am yet to test as it’s been too windy here. I don’t have the expertise to “operate” on the drone, so that won’t be happening lol

Reactions: BSauce955
It doesn't take much.
My Air 2S landed in the snow getting the gimbal wet/frozen.
I kept getting the error until I took the drone home and thawed/dried it out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madkiwi