DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal motor overloaded

Got it back today. 5 week turn around. Pretty pathetic in my opinion.!
Well, assuming I can hopefully fix it myself, I ordered the flex ribbon and the shock absorbing board from Ali Express on March 5th and I'll get them both by tomorrow, so it will only take 15 days. Cross your fingers.

Reactions: peterj
It happened the same with me!!
No crash.. and after a software update i received the motor overload message!
Did this video at the time:

Sent for repair (paid for the transport), got it back after 1 month!
When i received it: new problem!!!! The front sensors weren't working! Sent it back again.. this time didn't have to pay..

After 2 weeks got it again.. and 3 weeks using it, AGAAAAIN!! Same problem.. motor gimbal overload!
This is simply unbelievable!!

DJI Mavic Pro.

Had a crash with a tree today, small drop from 10 feet. Everything looked fine but gimbal was dead after. Camera is working fine and i can take pictures and record video.

Under Overall status on the DJI app it posts two messages:

1 - Gimbal motor overloaded. Check weather gimbal clamp is removed.

2 - Gimbal is restarting. Check that gimbal rotates smoothly if restart fails again.

Gimbal rotates freely, and i can not see any damage to the gimbal, wires or anything else. I have tried to reinstall the firmware by using the DI assistant 2 and plugging the drone in to the computer with the USB, sucessfull update, but gimbal is still dead...

Anyone....?
I put the original memory card back in the drone and that message stopped

Hey guys ive got the same problem. Searched online seems to have no fixes.

I did manage to get it working a few times restarting the mavic on its side. Now it doesn't work.

Read somewhere that someone fixed it by disconnecting the gimble cables from the main board under the top cover then reconnecting. Has anyone else tried this. Going to try this if all else fails il send it in for repair.

Any thoughts guys.

Reactions: kingbrad22
Hey guys ive got the same problem. Searched online seems to have no fixes.

I did manage to get it working a few times restarting the mavic on its side. Now it doesn't work.

Read somewhere that someone fixed it by disconnecting the gimble cables from the main board under the top cover then reconnecting. Has anyone else tried this. Going to try this if all else fails il send it in for repair.

Any thoughts guys.
Pls try, i also got same problem, my gimbal overload without any accident or falling.. hope you can give update with this method..

For all you guys with this problem. You will need to replace the Gimbal mottor ribbon cable.
After small crash the jar impact cuts or can break one wire in the cable. Sometimes it can cut the whole cable on inside of drone and cannot be seen untill disassembly. Also during crash or if gimbal is impaired or movement is restricted by leaving gimbal holder in place you can easily burn out one off the thin wires in the motor loom causing the same result. So fix is replace gimbal motor loom or send to DJI for replacement.

Reactions: newguy
Pls try, i also got same problem, my gimbal overload without any accident or falling.. hope you can give update with this method..

Hey mate. Tried everything. Last resort i replaced the gimbal ribbon cable. Was abit of a job but finally got it in and it fixed the problem.

Ps when your resembling the gimbal make sure none of the video image cables are caught on the housings. Didnt check this and got no image. Took apart the gimbal again and found 1 wire stuck under the gimbal housing. Fixed it reassembled the gimbal now every thing is back normal.

View media item 1223Hey everyone, I'm new to Mavicpilots and new to the DJI community also. I got my Mavic about two weeks ago and have had a lot of fun, its even helped me land a few sales. almost paid for itself.
On Labor day I was letting my (20 years old) twin nephews fly it while I was inside entertaining other guests. I am still uncertain what happened but the end result was the mavic hit the house and dropped 10 feet to the sidewalk. Scratched up the outside pretty good, broke three props and camera cover. I inspected everything and after I put a fresh battery in it I powered everything up and kept getting Gimbal motor overload..... although the camera and everything else appeared to work fine. I started checking around for options for sending it in for repair and then decided to inspect a little more. What I noticed was the Gimbal must have bent against the small metal plate that it attaches to, the one that is hung by four rubber pieces, it was keeping it from moving. So I bent it back just a little and it appears to work fine now. I know it seems pretty insignificant but if it can help anyone else from sending it in for repair then I suppose its a plus.

hi if you have this problem check my channel where can you find how to fix this problem

only real fix is replaced ribbon cable on gimbal

feel free discover my channel for help

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61