DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal moves without input

I can get the issue to occur with just a slight ascend, not forward or backward input. It does seem to required user input on the sticks, so I think it is software related to trying to preemptive move gimbal for steady shot. To test the theory or it being related to exceeding the stops you can try this:

1. Power up mavic mini and controller
2. Do not lift off, just point the gimbal straight down.
3. Move the mavic mini around manually (holding it, props not spinning). I can not get the gimbal to move off the -90 setting. If I exceed the angles it can handle the picture tilts but when I return it to normal level flight it goes back to -90.
Does the gimbal maintain angle without the motors spinning? If I remember correctly when I moved the mini while on but not spinning the gimbal just stayed pointed wherever I pointed the mini.

Does the gimbal maintain angle without the motors spinning? If I remember correctly when I moved the mini while on but not spinning the gimbal just stayed pointed wherever I pointed the mini.

It stabilizes what it can if you bank/pitch the mavic mini. If you yaw it stays facing forward. You can use it this way to create stabilized videos by hand carrying the drone. I wanted a shot with Phantom 3 going through a tunnel and instead of flying it I just head it and drove through on a golf cart...

Reactions: fificap
I found an easier way to recreate, just fly backwards in P mode with the camera straight down, it seems to lock the gimbal at the same amount the angle is exceeded. The odd thing is that if you tilt it without the motors running that doesn’t occur. You can even power the Mavic Mini up, turn camera straight down, tilt it manually and it stays at -90 setting. Then set it down and take off...fly backwards and you get the issue where setting changes...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark