DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal not responding to controller

f1r3b1rd

Reactions
Just got my air and first off:::WOW!!!
Coming from a p3a this is an amazing piece of kit!

I can’t wait to get airborne.... which brings me to my issue.

I ran all the updates and went to calibrate the imu. I’m seeing the gimbal in the app lit up red saying that it can’t connect to the controller.
I sure I’m overlooking something, any ideas?

Checkmate :
Dji just told me to call amazon and try and return it through them.

No helo whatsoever other than - call them

For real????

I tried buying from dji direct but the store wouldn’t accept my identity verification so I went through amazon so what? Now dji won’t honor a manufacturer warranty? I’ve had the thing 2 hours and have yet to even get it in the air.

Don’t give up. It’s much more advanced than the P series. Figure out your DJI account issue and order it direct. Get the fly more so you have some extra batteries. I am in tears after I fly my three batteries wanting more fun.

Or buy locally from Best Buy or apple store

Amazon won’t do a return/exchange just a refund.
So now I guess I have to figure out another way to get one.
If dji won’t sell to me because they don’t believe I am me(won’t accept identity verification) and amazon is selling broken units that dji won’t cover.

What next?
I don’t want a yuneec product, just isn’t me.

Broken units from Amazon is not the norm. If you buy another Mavic Air on Amazon, it'll likely be just fine.

Broken units from Amazon is not the norm. If you buy another Mavic Air on Amazon, it'll likely be just fine.

I don’t know how but somehow k was able to reload the update, shut the unit and controller down and restart.
Now all works as I would expect.

Should I keep it or go through the process of return and replace anyway?

So for all I’ve done is check some settings and hover in my den.
-too cold to fly today anyway.

Take it out a few more times to ensure all is working as expected. If all goes well, I'd personally keep it. While I've never heard of this one, I've seen other glitches fixed by refreshing the firmware.

Reactions: f1r3b1rd
Take it out a few more times to ensure all is working as expected. If all goes well, I'd personally keep it. While I've never heard of this one, I've seen other glitches fixed by refreshing the firmware.

Thank you

Have you heard of this glitch before?

Mine did the same thing buying direct from DJI,.. reloaded firmware, restarted,.. all is fine after 50 or so flights.

Reactions: f1r3b1rd
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rickrock