DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Overheating

Kai12

Reactions
Hi
I have a Mavic Pro 2. Flew yesterday for a real estate job 17 stills had no issue.

I did get one wind warning but was 90% done so just finished landed no issues

Took it out today winds about 13mph. Flying 350 feet and got a few "gimbal overheating" error and the camera would wiggle and then stop and act normal.

the only thing I was doing was up tilting the gimbal slightly - no side to side. Thank God I was only doing stills which I almost never do I am usually shooting video.

The whole flight was maybe 15 mins.

Any idea? Anyone experience this??

Any advice is appreciated

Thanks
Bob

You have to be careful to avoid Cross winds on the Camera as it will make it unstable and the quick fix it to spin your drone into the wind or against it, but stay away from the cross wind on the camera or moving it up and down in the cross wind as that will cause you to get that warning as well as to shutter.

I made a video on the Mavic 2 flying in the Cross wind to show how it reacts.
If you want see it.. let me know I will post the thread for you.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Could you please? And thanks for the advice. Had no idea that could happen. I normally am shooting events so im under 100 feet. Thanks so much and so glad my drone isn't broke. First time that's happened in 5 years.

Reactions: michaeldallen1

Starts at 2:20 min and goes through out, although I thought it was damaged it just needed to be Restarted each time the Gimbal was flipped and warning came on but after a restart all was good.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Last edited: