DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal overload and doesn't stay on centre

fara

Reactions
Hello! My mavic air 2 drone yesterday said that gimbal overloaded. I had one crash with it, after recalibrate I used it about 3-4 times with no problem. It is still like that when it is off. I can center it but as soon as I touch it a bit it goes to the position shown in the picture. Calibration stops at 10%. I did it once manually but then it reset the same way. If I start it up it still stands sideways and says gimbal stuck, but it doesn't vibrate or do anything, it just stays in one place. I don't see any breakage anywhere on it, and I don't feel any grip when I move it.
What could be the problem?
IMG_6375.JPG

Reactions: Cafguy
If you expand the photo there is one rubber band missing at the back of the gimbal. Looking at the drone from the front it is the right side.
Sorry maybe wrong as that side is obscured by the tilt, but check it out any way.

Reactions: fara
Needs Blasting with an air line, especially on the motor joints.
Even the sensor cameras are coverd in dust.

Keep in mind that the gimbal is the most sensitive and fragile part of the drone, air blast may work but it may be slightly bent .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Hello! My mavic air 2 drone yesterday said that gimbal overloaded. I had one crash with it, after recalibrate I used it about 3-4 times with no problem. It is still like that when it is off. I can center it but as soon as I touch it a bit it goes to the position shown in the picture. Calibration stops at 10%. I did it once manually but then it reset the same way. If I start it up it still stands sideways and says gimbal stuck, but it doesn't vibrate or do anything, it just stays in one place. I don't see any breakage anywhere on it, and I don't feel any grip when I move it.
What could be the problem?
View attachment 174561
Concur with all three opinions, your bird needs a thorough and careful clean. The pitch and yaw motors of the gimbal looks like they've been splashed through mud.
Dry airbrush to dislodge and blow out the fine dry bits of grit, isopropyl alcohol switch cleaner to shift the stubborn stuff that will be seated deeper followed by another blast from an airbrush. Repeat as necessary.... Take the battery out first.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman