DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal overload error

Will042082

Reactions
3 days in. Zero crashes/close calls. I’m getting a gimbal overload error and unable to calibrate or control the gimbal/camera. Attempts to recalibrate fail at either 10% or at 80/89%. Issue seems fairly common per a quick google search. I’ve contacted DJI but was really hoping for a fix that wasn’t gonna leave me grounded forever.

I had the same issue and found a solution that has worked, at least so far. With the MA powered off I manually (gently) manipulated the gimbal in all directions and discovered it was hanging up in one spot. A quick shot of compressed air cleared what ever was causing it to bind. I recalibrated and it hasn’t had a problem since. Hope this helps.

I had the same issue and found a solution that has worked, at least so far. With the MA powered off I manually (gently) manipulated the gimbal in all directions and discovered it was hanging up in one spot. A quick shot of compressed air cleared what ever was causing it to bind. I recalibrated and it hasn’t had a problem since. Hope this helps.

I hope this works for the OP. The Airs gimbal is very close to the ground, and even a blade of grass or a grain of sand can make it overload or obstruct.

Reactions: Drone Master
On my Mavic today I was getting this... after 30 minutes I noticed my filter was not on all the way. Fixed the filter and all is good.

I hope this works for the OP. The Airs gimbal is very close to the ground, and even a blade of grass or a grain of sand can make it overload or obstruct.

I hope so too. I got a can of compressed air and going to try. Ultimately it’s still going back to DJI but I’m waiting on a UPS label so who knows how long this process is going to make.

Nope!!! Compressed air’s a flop. Will say that the guys at Drone-World killed it though. I have a label and they are exchanging my full flymore combo and should have it tomorrow!!! Hats off to those guys. It’s what DJI should have done for a 3 day old drone

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kkff