DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal plate broken

Everton_gj

Reactions
Hello guys. Im new here.
With just few days with my mavic i had a crash today that broken my gimbal plate. I want to know how to fix it. Where i can buy a IMG-20170203-WA0024.jpg new one?

Unfortunately, there are very very very few DIY repairs for this brand new drone. That guy is going back to the service center. Start up the return process with DJI. If the camera itself is working, ask if they can focus the repair on the plate that broke, not the entire gimbal assembly.

Hello guys. Im new here.
With just few days with my mavic i had a crash today that broken my gimbal plate. I want to know how to fix it. Where i can buy a View attachment 5668 new one?
Your done for now my friend. Send it back to DJI!

If you're TOTALLY bent on replacing the part yourself, and sure you can do it, thunderdrones.com has the part, I think. It's pretty pricey though. ($300+)

Unluckily today my Mavic fall out of his bag and the gimbal´s plate broke.

I search here and there and the quick and more reasonable (and cheaper) is to print the plate. I friend of mine has offered me to print it on ABS plastic, thats seems to bee strong enough to keep doing the work of the original plate. So i will give it a try and follow the instructions on this video (
). So good luck to me. I will share the results here.

cheers

Unluckily today my Mavic fall out of his bag and the gimbal´s plate broke.

I search here and there and the quick and more reasonable (and cheaper) is to print the plate. I friend of mine has offered me to print it on ABS plastic, thats seems to bee strong enough to keep doing the work of the original plate. So i will give it a try and follow the instructions on this video (
). So good luck to me. I will share the results here.

cheers

Did you manage to fix it?

My gimbal plate broke after an 18 inch crash. DJI's only suggestion was to send it to the repair center to get an estimate. After seeing other postings here about $300 invoices from DJI for unneeded work, I ordered a 3D printed part from fixacrash.com via Ebay, $10.49 and free shipping. I watched and rewatched 3 videos, then fixed it myself. "Gimbal Status - Normal." Hot ****!

Go to aliexpress.com they have the plate with the rubbers and also the cable, I know the plate complete is about $18 not sure about the cable price, I am awaiting the arrival of my plate ordered last week

I just order parts today from aliexpress.com Also Amazon sells the ribbon cable. Hope this helps

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    527.3 KB · Views: 52
  • image.png
    image.png
    611.8 KB · Views: 53
Also, I found that an Xacto knife was very helpful to (a) cut through the black silicon on two of the connectors on top, (b) pop off all four connectors on top, and (c) once the gimbal assembly is out, to pop off the flat white connector at the end of the ribbon cable from the little circuit board on top of the gimbal assembly. No need to remove the board or take apart the gimbal arm.

Also, I found that an Xacto knife was very helpful to (a) cut through the black silicon on two of the connectors on top, (b) pop off all four connectors on top, and (c) once the gimbal assembly is out, to pop off the flat white connector at the end of the ribbon cable from the little circuit board on top of the gimbal assembly. No need to remove the board or take apart the gimbal arm.

Good info there, aliexpress.com also have the ribbon

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.