DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal problem after other repairs

pati0furniture

Reactions
I have a Mini 2 that I've swapped the frame due to hairline cracks developing and the main board out because I damaged a connector. Everything seemed normal at first but then I started getting gimbal stuck/gimbal motor overloaded errors while it acts like its stuck and jitters back and forth alittle when it moves horizontally to the left. Also got a bit of smoke from somewhere in the assembly itself. The camera functions and will even go through the start-up motions until it errors out because of the board change but that was expected.

When the smoke first appeared, I pulled the battery immediately thinking I damaged or caused a short somewhere during reassembly. Rechecked everything and found nothing. The ribbon cable looks undamaged to me. Eventually I disassembled the gimbal itself, inspecting/cleaning connections and motors as I went. The motors spin freely and so does the assembly. The gimbal harness is undamaged and found no burn marks anywhere.

Reassembled and powered it up again. It seemed to function slightly better. No smoke this time but the assembly still felt hotter than it should be I think. And still getting gimbal stuck/motor overloaded even though it 100% moves freely in all directions. Is there something else I can check or try before giving up on this gimbal?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11