DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal protector

KrogFoto

Reactions
Hi there
Just want to know when you have the drone in a hard case are you using the gimbal protector or not
It's irritating to put on

Chiming in with a Mavic Air 2.

Yes.

It's the last thing I take off before a flight and the first thing I put on afterwards after powering down.

Even before turning off the the strobes and remote.

The gimbal is very delicate and I don't want to take the chance of an accidental bump.

I've carved out part of my case to accommodate the gimbal cover.

Yes, the cover can be a pain to use, but it's better and cheaper than a gimbal repair.

The gimball is the most expensive thing to fix and probably the most fragile on your drone. My advice is to take the cover off just before powering on and put it back on just after powering off. Make it habitual,particularly before powering on as the gimbal needs move freely as it goes through it's initialization. Yes, it's a pain, but not nearly as painful as an unnecessary repair bill.

Reactions: Otisangb
Hi there
Just want to know when you have the drone in a hard case are you using the gimbal protector or not
Absolutely keep it on when not in use. It's one expensive repair. My biggest problem is remembering to remove it before powering up so I attach a ribbon to it to remind me.

Absolutely keep it on when not in use. It's one expensive repair. My biggest problem is remembering to remove it before powering up so I attach a ribbon to it to remind me.
It's pretty hard to forget to remove the gimbal protector on a Mavic 3 because it straps around the whole drone and covers the folded propellers.

Hi there
I purchased one of these as soon as they were available. Super easy to add or remove. I always use it while it’s in any case I am carrying. The jock strap protector was always a pain. This plastic one works great (see photo).

Attachments

• 03B74F0A-A62E-4EC8-9146-6FA7263BB0DF.png
    03B74F0A-A62E-4EC8-9146-6FA7263BB0DF.png
    756.6 KB · Views: 16
I purchased one of these as soon as they were available. Super easy to add or remove. I always use it while it’s in any case I am carrying. The jock strap protector was always a pain. This plastic one works great (see photo).
I’ve seen these for as little as $8.00 on eBay. Worth ever penny compared to the harness the DJI created.

I’ve seen these for as little as $8.00 on eBay. Worth ever penny compared to the harness the DJI created.
I totally agree. The harness was good for a laugh and that’s about all. I use this plastic one religiously. I always recommend it.

Yes, I put the jockstrap on when it goes in the bag.
Yes, I always use the gimbal protector when I carry the drone in a hard case. I never find it that irritating to put on. I did find the new plastic protector less irritating to use.

Reactions: TruGreen
Not a DJI product. Most of these are branded Sunnylife. (?)
Works very well.
This is the one I purchased.
With Amazon Prime, you'll get it a month earlier for about the same price, by the time you pay for shipping from China.

Ordered 7/6/22
Arrived 7/20/22
They are currently quoting "Delivery: Estimated between Tue, Jan 10 and Fri, Jan 13"
Some underpromise and overdeliver. I just wanted it now, and the potential savings of a $1 or $2 wasn't enough to justify waiting.

Reactions: Starz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin