DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Shaking Error

coupevillecarpenter

Reactions
A couple months ago I crashed and sent my Mav Pro to repair in the Seattle area. Now, every time I fly I get an 'error' message across my screen.

May 1, 2018

Problem?
A couple months ago I crashed and sent my Mav Pro to repair in the Seattle area where a new gimbal was installed. Now, every time I fly I get an 'error' message across my screen. I don't know that it is affecting my flight, but I'm sure it can't be good in the long run. It's been to long to take it back to review the service

Was unit in a crash? no

What have you tried so far? Nothing

What device are you using? Android phone

What firmware are you running ? don't know

What Go app version are you using? Go4

Any modification?
no

Did you change anything or install any apps?no

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem?

So, the message, in the upper left turns the banner YELLOW and says "gimbal shaking error". The message was not there before I smashed my drone onto the pavement..and had the subsequent repair. I did reach out to the vendor who did the repair.... I'll see if I hear back.

Are you using the low(er) noise Platinum props? They can cause this error and a gain setting can fix it.

Wow, this sure is a vague story... your account does not properly describe the problem, and as far as I can read, you don't have a question either?

The reason that @Mossiback is asking whether or not you are using quieter props is that a number of users (myself included) have reported getting gimbal shaking errors when switching from the normal Mavic Pro props (white band with straight tips) to those of the Mavic Pro Platinum (gold band with angled tips). Allegedly, due to their different characteristics, the software of the Mavic/Gimbal was unable to cope with the different vibrations. Some people were able to fix the problem with a firmware update, others (incl. myself) had to send in their Mavic for repair.

However, if you state that the problems started to occur after a repair, I would first start looking there. I don't know if you have care refresh, but if you do, you can just send it to DJI, they'll send you another unit.

Check to see if one corner of the gimbal mount hasn't become jammed under the tabs. The gimbal should hanf freely on those rubber band things.

ya know, I recall purchasing some quieter props..... but I couldn't be sure.
If you have the quieter props, you may be able to fix the gimbal shake error by changing the gain settings. It worked for me.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143