DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal stabilization not working + other issues

c0nsole

Reactions
Hey guys.

I have encountered a very strange problem where my gimbal doesn't work, but only in flight. When I turn the drone on and move it around in my hands, the live feed shows the gimbal working perfectly. However, when I take off, and move the drone to either side (left or right on the right stick) the entire feed tilts to the side as though the stabilization isn't working at all. It seems that the other axis are stabilized though, in other words it is just the side to side motion that isn't stable.

This originally started happening in the middle of a perfectly normal flight. The drone was dozens of feet away from the nearest obstacle and after perfect operation the gimbal suddenly stopped working as mentioned. I've tried multiple other flights since then and the same problem persists, but it is always perfectly functional in my hand when it is not flying.

In a completely different vein, it is also having trouble with settings. I always have my maximum height and range settings set to max and the maximum distance setting disabled, but for some reason it won't let me fly more than 98 feet in the air and it won't leave a radius of about 200 feet from the home point at all.

This is all very strange and I haven't been able to figure out what is going on, so if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

You have your gimbal set to FPV mode.

Limitations likely come from you running a too old version of the GO4 app.

Thinking limitations are from not being "signed in" to DJI when the app starts? (You should be getting a notice for that) When you are in an area that has internet service sign in but then do not "log out". (You can still close the APP, it will keep you signed in)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan