DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Start Up Thrashing

Wacker2611

Reactions
My second Mavic as previous one had oof issues. This one is perfect in terms of flying and image quality but has developed this nasty start up problem. Still shoots perfectly, but only a matter of time before the sensor gets beaten to death! No incidents or crashes and have recalibrated everything and tried the firmware downgrade too.
Just before I rma it again, I just thought I'd post on here in case anyone else had this issue and managed to sort it. Not keen on sending it in yet again[emoji34]
MOV_0005.mp4

Sent from my D6603 using MavicPilots mobile app

That does not look good. Sorry this has happened to you twice. I am still waiting for my Mav to show up. Hope I don't have any issues like this. It's so disappointing after waiting for so long and then to have issues with so much money on the line. I hope someone can help.
Good luck and safe flying.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Wacker2611
No, that isn't normal. o_O

Start a support case with the video and send it back. It is a shame you're on your second "run around the block" :(

It is great that DJI is taking such a direct, pro-active attitude, being keen and fast in fully replacing malfunctioning Mavics but one has to wonder if the price of this UAV couldn't have been calculated much lower if they hadn't to factor-in all these possible replacements and, instead, just upgraded their production QC.

MK

Yup, I love the thing, but must admit it's testing my patience. They're like Alfa Romeos, good looking, great performance but flakey.

Yup, I love the thing, but must admit it's testing my patience. They're like Alfa Romeos, good looking, great performance but flakey.

Lol...

Tell you a story:

I used to jokingly say "An Alfa-Romeo? Not even a free-given one...", on account of all the scary stories I heard from their poor owners.

Then, one fine day, many years ago, I actually won one in a national magazine contest.

We pondered if we would sell it or, instead, just keep it and sell the car we had at the time. We decided to keep the Alfa-Romeo because it was roomier and we just had our first child.

Well, it went to the shop about 8 to 10 times during its first months of existence, with the mechanics not being able to detect why the engine would suddenly stop, anywhere in a drive, without any obvious reason.

It turns out it was a malfunctioning camshaft lower position sensor and they finally replaced it but not before we got stuck up-hill on a national road to Algarve, unable to move in any direction, with what felt like half of Portugal's vacationing population stuck in traffic behind us, horns ablaze.

When we finally changed cars, some years later, I thought to myself, this time around quite seriously, "Yep, not even as a freebie..." :)

MK

did you try the gimbal calibration routine? when mine came out of the box, it made some strange noises on start up but it seems the calibration of gimbal fixed it.

I did, but to no avail sadly. It's a hardware problem, so it's going back.

Yup, tried that a couple of times- downgraded/upgraded/reset etc etc but it's still the same. It's killing me a bit because once it's gone through it's thrashing routine it's totally fine. Level horizon, edge to edge focus etc so I'm not that keen to send it back.

Ide like to see what this thrashing routine looks like. Possible to post a vid?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf