DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal startup different after water splashdown

SXViper03

Reactions
Hi All,
Last Saturday I was flying my Mavic Pro over the lake from my kayak. I had the life jacket attached to it (pontoons) and turned of the downward sensors. When I brought it in I landed it on the water instead of hand catching it and forgot the downward sensors were off. The MP was about 2-3 feet above the water when I pulled the left toggle down to land and it made a splashdown similar to Apollo 11. I would say the MP went partially under water (about a 1/4 of the way) for a split second. After splashdown it was still running so I took it up figuring it may help dry it out. A few minutes later the MP started acting weird, it was hovering about 20 feet up and started turning left and right but stayed in the same spot. I couldn't make it go forward or backward only up and down. We decided to paddle over to it before bringing it down which took a couple of minutes. Once we got there I had complete control again, the only problem was no video feed. I landed it, turned it off and took the battery out of it. When I got home I let it sit out of it's case overnight and the next day put it in a rice bath for about 30 hours. When I took it out I tried starting it up the video was back but the gimbal would end up pointing down and I couldn't move it up and down (wheel error). I tried calibrating the gimbal and the first time it failed, the second time the calibration was successful. I powered it down and put it in a Ziploc bag with silica gel packets for 48 hours. I tried powering it up again and everything seems normal except I noticed the gimbal startup seems a little different (see video
). Does anyone else's gimbal startup similar to mine? If not would you be concerned?
I was going to try and fly it today just to test things out but instead I put it back in the Ziploc bag with the silica gel packets and plan on leaving it there for an additional week.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr