DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal stuck 40002 Error - I think is related with the IMU

hugomez

Reactions
Hi,

Since I've purchase my MM less than a month ago I've use it a lot, 5.93 hours and 35,3km distance, no problems until the last 3 days. Now, almost every time I fly it, I get the "Gimbal stuck 40002 Error" and sometimes the gimbal overheated message too.

At the beginning sometimes just switching all off and switching in on again solved the problem, but now I am calibrating the IMU and compass every time it get stuck, this usually works fixing "temporarily" the problem, however is very annoying to have to do this several times a day every time I arrive to a different locations to get more footages.

I am also calibrating the gimbal once or twice a day.

No need to mention how bad it is when I am filming in the right place and suddenly the gimbal start doing funny strange movements. It is happening too many times now, not happy at all.

Before this problem started most of the time I calibrate the compass before every fly, but almost never the IMU as long as I was getting a message asking to calibrate it.

I am afraid there is a problem and I wonder if this is a defect that maybe many Mavic Mini has from factory. Do you guys know something about it?

If I would be at home I will definitely take it to get check right away, however I am travelling abroad and I will still be one more month away of home, filming with the Drone everyday. It is extremely inconvenient if this problem continue or get worse, this would really ruin my trip.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance,
Hugo

I am not much help but I too get messages about gimbal
being overloaded for no apparent reason. Restart everything and it goes away for a while.

Reactions: hugomez
I am not much help but I too get messages about gimbal
being overloaded for no apparent reason. Restart everything and it goes away for a while.
Sorry to hear that you are getting those messages too. Does your gimbal also get stuck or make strange movements?

I have the same problem when power on with low battery. At full charge all is fine.

Hi Damir,
In my case at the end was just some sand inside the gimbal. I managed to take it out and now since several flights I have no problem at all with it.

I once got a unstable view mid-flight which after landing got gimbal overload. When manually moving the gimbal, indeed there was a sticky spot but it cleared after hand moving the gimbal up/down. No issues after that.

These things are tiny so it makes sense some debris can get in them and jam the motors.

I had the error, tried all the solutions and continued to get the error. My fix, sent it in for warranty repair. I had The gimbal error during its first flight after getting it back. After a few expletives and an IMU calibration it was fine. Haven’t had any issues with it since.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BluMav