DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal stuck at one fifth

StopShoe

Reactions
First time poster, long time reader here.
My mavic is about 2 months old, and has never been wrecked or even came close to being wrecked. It has been perfect up until about a day ago. At roughly 1/5 down according to the app, my gimbal gets stuck on something. When it gets stuck, the camera immediately picks up all the vibration from the drone. From what I can tell, it looks like it is getting stuck on its own anti vibration plate. I can calibrate and do the initialization fine, but when I go to move the gimbal past a certain point, it gets stuck. I tried pulling the gimbal past the little L shaped piece, but it only made it worse. I managed to get the gimbal back to how it was before I started messing with it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Here is a video showing exactly what it does when I try to move the gimbal, and what happens when it tries to compensate and keep the camera still. I tried using the button that automatically moves the gimbal to the most upward position and then down facing the ground, but as you can see, it gets stuck.When I try flying upwards and moving the gimbal, it works fine. In the second clip, you can see where the gimbal initialization works, and then when I try to move it downwards, it stops. I can push it past this point easily with my finger, and then when I move it back up, it gets stuck at the same point. I also have attached pictures showing what it looks like in various positions. Hopefully this is enough information for you guys to be able to help me.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jabarton44