DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal vibration

scottatchant

Reactions
I’m having an unusual gimbal vibration on my Mavic pro. It is on one of the front two motors. Both motor posts seem to be perfectly straight, and I am hoping it’s just propellers... While I wait for a new propellers to get here, is there anything else I can check on?

As a sidenote, are there any third-party propellers that are worthwhile that are cheaper than DJI or Master air screw

The cost of DJI or MS props are cheap enough considering how long they should last.

Adjusting the gain setting should fix a gimbal vibration if you are using MPP or MS Stealth props.

The cost of DJI or MS props are cheap enough considering how long they should last.

Adjusting the gain setting should fix a gimbal vibration if you are using MPP or MS Stealth props.
If it were me I would return the props and put the original ones back on. Can't be good for the drone.

Reactions: TimØ

I watched this same video. I just changed my props to the low noise and am experiencing the same issue. Has anyone solved it by lowering the gain? This guy said he set the gain to 86 I believe. can anyone confirm?

I watched this same video. I just changed my props to the low noise and am experiencing the same issue. Has anyone solved it by lowering the gain? This guy said he set the gain to 86 I believe. can anyone confirm?
It fixed it for me (I set my gain to 90). That's why I posted the instruction video.

Same Problem using the Mavic Pro Platinum Low noise props on my Mavic Pro. Lowering the Gain to 86 took away most of the vibration, which is most noticeable watching the gimbal.
As the video also says lowering the Gain also affects the aircraft's ability to hold or recover its position. By the time I got enough of the vibration out to satisfy myself the response of the craft was quite "mushy" a faint breeze perhaps gusting to 4mph caused the craft to wobble noticeably. And it could not recover from a slight sideways push.
I set the Gains back to 100 and put the original props on and it was once again rock stable. Too me it seems as though trying to solve the problem using a gain adjustment is like fixing a hole in the wall by putting a picture over it. The underlying problem is still there you just don't notice it.
Personally the stability vs low noise trade off is not worth it.

I've been using the DJI low noise props with gain set at 86 for some time now with good results. I will say the drone seems a little jerky sometimes and I'll try tweeking the gain to 90 to see what happens. It's pretty minor and not noticable on video. It just seems to brake a little hard.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy Green