DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimball stuck

neXus0310

Reactions
Hi all, I’ve calibrated my mavic mini, restarted it several times, I can manually move the camera with my fingers however when I power it on and it goes through the motions it won’t point down I’m out of ideas anyone got any suggestions I’ve only had it a day and have yet to fly it

Hi all, I’ve calibrated my mavic mini, restarted it several times, I can manually move the camera with my fingers however when I power it on and it goes through the motions it won’t point down I’m out of ideas anyone got any suggestions I’ve only had it a day and have yet to fly it

If you were flying in strong winds you might have torn the ribbon cable , just a thought .

I haven’t flown it outside yet the weather hasn’t been the greatest yet, thx for the suggestion though

or you may have damaged something if you moved the gimbal/camera when it was powered on. Also doesn't help to run two separate threads on the same topic.

I just checked initialization on mine to compare to yours. Yours is definitely not normal. Once the gimbal levels, mine never points up.

Perhaps there's just enough debris for it to not be able to point down on its own. The only other thought is that the motor position sensor is skewed.

I once had an issue that mid-flight, I was getting flight vibration in the view and soon after gimbal motor overload. Manually moving the gimbal while powered off did show something hindering it's travel. Fortunately whatever debris was causing the problem was loosened when I manually moved it.

At one time recently I found the gimbal hitting my landing pad during its initialization. The clearance to ground is very small that I'm thinking of getting leg extensions.

I’ve seen that issues where being low to ground can cause debris to become trapped which will obstruct the camera, unfortunately I haven’t had my maiden voyage yet I noticed the issue when starting it up, I did the configuration aswell and still no joy, I’m hoping it’s a sensor issue or a ribbon and I can get it quick myself tomorrow and avoid having to waste time returning it and going through the process of getting a new one ?

I can also move it easily with my fingers and it points down no problem it just won’t do it itself

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229