DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimble calabration

redtails

Reactions
Hi I am new to QC :) my new DJI Mavic pro platinum arrived last week after updating the latest firmware, after calibrating as instructed, then flying "yes" in beginners mode naturally all was fine as expected and with great footage. {Beginners mode off} I then decided to adjust the Gimble as to make the footage less aggressive, i found this info on a youtube site to which is respectfully professional.
The following morning with the new settings in place {yaw etc} , I switch on the Drone, to my horror the screen view displayed a tilt at 30%, i decided at that point to Reset all that i had adjusted, this did not correct the fault !!! So I decided to calibrate the Gimble, during this process of calibration, It failed at 31% after a few minutes an error message popped up saying failed do not move the drone whilst calibrating. After at least 10 times I went through this stage with no success. Frustrated with not being able to fly my Drone and without any good info on this issue, apart from sending back to DJI !, I decided to do one more calibration and yes it stopped at 31%, by this time the battery on the Mavic was displaying two bars , I decided to change the battery, on replacing a fresh battery re calibrated, wow this worked it went through with no issue :) Still no issues to date and great footage, hope this info helps .

Perhaps the battery did not have enough energy for this. I noticed once that I could not change the camera settings on my Mavic while the battery was low. I put a fully charged battery in and was able to do so.

This sounds like maybe a hardware electronics issue dependent on a high battery level. Like a capacitor taking too long to charge up at lower batt levels?

Reactions: Des Steedman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown