DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimble control

cdonovin

Reactions
New thread NO Reply just quick question.

Why is there no right or left gimble control. The gimble moves in all directions on booting up. Just wondering
CD

Reactions: Spike151

Why is there no right or left gimble control. The gimble moves in all directions on booting up. Just wondering
CD

There is but the main reason for the gimbal’s ability to move left / right is that image stabilisation would not be 3 axis otherwise.

Search on YouTube for the magic manual control of panning :)

Reactions: Tilsa

CD
Why you need left/right
Gimbal Control?

CD
Just hold your finger on the app screen, slide left or right for manual panning.

Reactions: noosaguy
Quick question, when you use the finger, to swipe and move the gimbal left or right, how do you "recenter" it?

I love the feature, but can't figure out how to get the gimbal back to exact center.

Paul C

Quick question, when you use the finger, to swipe and move the gimbal left or right, how do you "recenter" it?

I love the feature, but can't figure out how to get the gimbal back to exact center.

Paul C
By default the C1 button on the back of the controller will be what centers the camera.
However, the C buttons can be assigned for what ever is in the list of options for them.

Reactions: FLwaverunner
You need to be careful using this feature because go a little too far and you end up with the front leg in frame.
Agreed, once one knows where the leg comes into view, they will know what speed to swipe and when to stop. It just takes some getting used to. You can get some great shots by just hovering rather than just yawing the aircraft. Just another important reason to know that the C1 button is there to recenter the camera for aircrafts forward heading should you get a bit lost within your FPV view.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grey
The lef/right gimbal movement is also there to dampen the movement of the Mavic in video recording.

Mr Arpath
I do not need it, but now that I know it's there I will use it.
Thanks to all that helped I will check out the slide tonight.
CD

Reactions: Spike151
Just hold your finger on the app screen, slide left or right for manual panning.

OP: I hope you are better at this little routine than I because I found that while panning left or right is reasonably easy, the problem is trying to draw a straight line with your finger. If you don't, you get vertical movement of the gimbal as well which typically is not desired unless you are intentionally changing the horizontal and vertical movement of the gimbal for a specific pan. I find it much easier to pan with the sticks and gimbal pitch wheel.

Good luck,

KB

OP: I hope you are better at this little routine than I because I found that while panning left or right is reasonably easy, the problem is trying to draw a straight line with your finger. If you don't, you get vertical movement of the gimbal as well which typically is not desired unless you are intentionally changing the horizontal and vertical movement of the gimbal for a specific pan. I find it much easier to pan with the sticks and gimbal pitch wheel.

Good luck,

KB

It would be nice if there were a way to "lock" the movement to horizontal even if your finger strayed.

Reactions: Drone Master

CD
It's like by dad used to say - because

CD

There IS L/R gimbal control I just took this image as one of several that clearly shows the gimbal pitched to the right as the camera was focused on me. Compare dr-3 with dr-1:dr-3.jpg

dr-1.jpg

Attachments

• dr-3.jpg
    dr-3.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 18
  • dr-1.jpg
    dr-1.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 18
There IS L/R gimbal control I just took this image as one of several that clearly shows the gimbal pitched to the right as the camera was focused on me. Compare dr-3 with dr-1:View attachment 54743

View attachment 54744
The OP is referring to the Mavic 2 which is a completely different gimbal design.
All three axis gimbals have some side to side movement. In your Mavic Pro, you do not have full side to side control unless you are using the goggles with head tracking.
You also do not have the ability to manually yaw the gimbal with the MP using the app screen.

Reactions: W2EJ and Rondal
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki