DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimble Cover

Simes

Reactions
Anyone else find these gimble covers are rubbish? I have had my Mavic for about 2 months and gone through 3 already. No matter how careful I am they just seem to break where they click on. On each occasion it has been while in the bag not the actual act of putting it on or off. I have tried putting the MavicPro into the case different ways but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I can't be the only one! Is there an alternative gimble cover that you recommend that is more resilient?

I had the same problem -- one of the little tabs broke off in the back. When I got my OEM replacement, I also purchased the Threeking all-in-one gimbal lock. I've only been using it for about three weeks now, so I'm not sure if it suffers from the same problem yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: stratos and Simes
Anyone else find these gimble covers are rubbish? I have had my Mavic for about 2 months and gone through 3 already. No matter how careful I am they just seem to break where they click on. On each occasion it has been while in the bag not the actual act of putting it on or off. I have tried putting the MavicPro into the case different ways but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I can't be the only one! Is there an alternative gimble cover that you recommend that is more resilient?
LK
I have used my mavic pro many times and have never had any problems or breakage.

Reactions: Mavic 57 and Simes
I had the same problem -- one of the little tabs broke off in the back. When I got my OEM replacement, I also purchased the Threeking all-in-one gimbal lock. I've only been using it for about three weeks now, so I'm not sure if it suffers from the same problem yet.
+1 The Threeking is holding up well so far, it is a bit cumbersome to put on due the the integrated gimbal lock.

Cumbersome or just different? I can easily put it on with one hand.
Cumbersome...I find it difficult to get the slotted/notched section over the rear of the gimbal on my first attempt.

Try the following:
  • Place the Mavic upside down on your lap
  • Tilt the camera forward (downward) at about a 45 degree angle
  • Slide the lock tabs into the back of the gimbal
  • Hook in the front tabs of the lock
  • Snap the back of the lock into place
And, Bob's your uncle ;)

Reactions: TCatlson
Try the following:
  • Place the Mavic upside down on your lap
  • Tilt the camera forward (downward) at about a 45 degree angle
  • Slide the lock tabs into the back of the gimbal
  • Hook in the front tabs of the lock
  • Snap the back of the lock into place
And, Bob's your uncle ;)
Thanks...I'll give it a try.

I don't get the "And, Bob's your uncle" meaning

Reactions: Simes
this one from ebay is standing up well, its not a combined clamp.

NEW 2 in 1 Gimbal Guard Camera Lens Cover & Lens Filter for DJI Mavic Pro UK

Might get one of them then. I was hoping to find one with the Gimble Clamp built in. :) Thanks for posting

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src1972