DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimble mounting plate

billywhiskers

Reactions
I crashed my Mavic into a tree and it fell about 10 feet. The camera was thrown out so I am having to replace the cables and the mounting plate. My question is should I use one of the plastic 3D printed plates that are available or one of the aluminum plates . Anyone have experience with the plastic ones?

I crashed my Mavic into a tree and it fell about 10 feet. The camera was thrown out so I am having to replace the cables and the mounting plate. My question is should I use one of the plastic 3D printed plates that are available or one of the aluminum plates . Anyone have experience with the plastic ones?
@Thunderdrones should be able to give you solid advice, he should be along shortly.

should I use one of the plastic 3D printed plates that are available
I wouldn't use a 3D printed part there since aluminum replacement parts are available and are inexpensive. They are available here.

Reactions: Bunny Too
Thanks for your replies guys! I was just wondering if the plastic plate might not break as easily if I happen to crash my drone again .It seems to me that the aluminum plate is to brittle , it just snapped off. If the plastic one is flexible maybe it would give a little instead of braking off . I might be wrong . I was wondering if anyone had used one and could offer an opinion on them . Thanks!

3D printed plastic is definitely not stronger than aluminum. The only reason those 3D parts exist is because the aluminum replacement parts weren't available soon enough.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+