DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimble shades anyone use the Pgytech 2 piece

DroneJI

Reactions
I haven’t used it yet but has anyone used this sunshade yet? With or without the extension?
f305d36e6b8d00c89d925df52a88835b.jpg
7be4b39aab9c5f75e5f10778c325fd9e.jpg
67fed4fb44793670915e96cfa4747224.jpg

I use this regularly without the added sunshade piece. No impact on gimbal movements including upwards or visibility in the images. Mostly I use if for a tad of lateral protection for the camera mount.

Reactions: JvdL
I use this regularly without the added sunshade piece. No impact on gimbal movements including upwards or visibility in the images. Mostly I use if for a tad of lateral protection for the camera mount.
Thinking of getting one, just for gimbal protection as well. You don't notice any adverse effects on flight or any restriction of the cooling air intake behind the gimbal on MPP?

I mostly fly forward. So there is ample airflow around the gimbal in that direction. The opening on the shade appears as wide as possible while still able to be rigidly secured.

Thinking of getting one, just for gimbal protection as well. You don't notice any adverse effects on flight or any restriction of the cooling air intake behind the gimbal on MPP?

I forgot to use it with the all the flights since I got it I will update if I notice anything good or bad using it when I finally remember to put it on before sending the bird up.

I forgot to use it with the all the flights since I got it I will update if I notice anything good or bad using it when I finally remember to put it on before sending the bird up.

I don’t own one or ever used one. But what prevents me is all the video I saw. No matter what brand the shades are. When flying in sport mode the props are still showing in all the shots flying forward. Main reason I haven’t brought one yet. But for sure let me know if you have this problem. Send me some pics

I don’t own one or ever used one. But what prevents me is all the video I saw. No matter what brand the shades are. When flying in sport mode the props are still showing in all the shots flying forward. Main reason I haven’t brought one yet. But for sure let me know if you have this problem. Send me some pics

I think the props are going to show up in sport mode with or without a shade! I got it to block the sun and provide a little protection to the Gimble I purchased my drone for Photography and Video, the sport mode is a afterthought for me, I have flown it in sport just to play a bit when I’m done shooting or to show the drone off a bit, I don’t think anything will stop the prop shadow when flying fast! But again I think sport mode wasn’t intended for flawless video, is a fun mode like racing quads that a lot have the same issue during rapid changes in position.

When I remember to put it on it really helps with video and gives me a little extra piece of mind that the Gimble ( the most delicate part of the Mavic) will better handle a incident. Fingers crossed hasn’t happened yet :) I’m really cautious of how and where I fly it’s more of a Camera to me like my DSlR equipment I won’t take unnecessary risks with it unless there’s a shot worth the loss of so much money! I think some people got there drones as toys, mine is more of a way to expand my Photography hobby.

It hasn’t caused any problems for me yet but it’s still winter I think the warmest day I flew was 80f on a rare S.C. day

I have one since a few weeks, no issue wile un flight, no flight modification... The only "bad" point ils that if you tilt the gimbal full 30°up, you will see the cover, same if you turn hardly with the "follow" mode activated for gimbal... But its very efficient to delete those sun effects.

Reactions: AIRJORGE
I think the props are going to show up in sport mode with or without a shade! I got it to block the sun and provide a little protection to the Gimble I purchased my drone for Photography and Video, the sport mode is a afterthought for me, I have flown it in sport just to play a bit when I’m done shooting or to show the drone off a bit, I don’t think anything will stop the prop shadow when flying fast! But again I think sport mode wasn’t intended for flawless video, is a fun mode like racing quads that a lot have the same issue during rapid changes in position.

Totally agree 100%

Please watch the operating manual prior to use.
When using the lens hood, remember, closing the expand gimbal 30degrees upward function.
This will result in best performance.
If you have any questions I am here to help.
3.jpg

When using the lens hood, remember, closing the expand gimbal 30degrees upward function.
View attachment 32948

I personally don’t have any issues with it but I think some want to fly the mavic like a Race Quad and capture 4K video while using a sun shade? I treat my Mavic like the Camera it is not a Race Toy I was never into the sport watching is cool but the cost of all that equipment just to have it crash and burn not my thing lol this is a great shade it has worked well for me as intended. Keep up the good work :)

Reactions: Dragonfly
View attachment 32948

Agree.

But I love doing those dramatic sky-to-earth +30 to -90 tilts, so I had to remove mine.

I use it all of the time in sunny Southern California. It really helps to eliminate the light rays coming in from angles. No issues, but I have occasionally noticed it creeping into the video when flying in strong crosswinds. Also in Sport mode.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661