DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Given up on Asus 7" tablet

royster

Reactions
First off I;m not new to flying, I;ve had a Phantom 3 Adv. for about a year, flying with no issues & I could not be happier. Enter the Mavic pro fly more combo. I hooked up to my Asus tablet, that I'd used on Phantom before I got the fabulous Nividia shield, the Asus worked fine with the Phantom & would with the Mavic, but, not so. The lag is horrendous, tried everything, airplane mode, usb debugging & so on.
I then tried an old Samsung 111 phone & like the Asus connects with no issues, but lags, not like the 5 second asus lag but, to much to fly safe.
So, knowing I;m not a computer whiz, Can I download the Go4 app on the Nivida shield that already has the Go app for my P3A, & use the Go4 for the Mav? Or are the 2 apps (3 counting Litchi) going to hate each other?
Thanks all for any tips, suggestions,
PS- , reading that the Acer iconia one 7"(Medtek processor) is a cheap tablet that works well for the Maverik, but, if I buy another tablet, (shield/Asus/Samsung/Lenovo) I may as well open a store!
PPS- Post on DJI forums a guy using the old Go app(not the go 4) flying his Mavic, is this possible with no issues?
Thanks all

Can I download the Go4 app on the Nivida shield that already has the Go app for my P3A, & use the Go4 for the Mav?
Yes.

Msinger- Thanks for the, although short, reply.
On my shield right now (set up by a guy who writes code) I fire up the P3A, RC & then my shield, once on home page & not till then, I plug my cable into the shield & up comes two choices- GO app & Litchi with a -"once or always" mess.
I hit, i.e- Lirchi & "once" & I;m up & running in seconds!
Is there an install process to follow installing the Go 4 app so it will simply be added as a 3rd choice?

Is there an install process to follow installing the Go 4 app so it will simply be added as a 3rd choice?
Just install DJI GO 4 from the Google Play store. You'll then start seeing it as a 3rd option -- like this:

DJI-GO-Choose-App-For-USB-Device.jpg

Thank you Msinger- you the bomb
I;ve been flying the Mavic (Asus tab) with a lag, no more like a delay, i.e- I did a RTH, landed & was shutting down taking my time when suddenly I heard- RTH initated! Now, that's a lag!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots