DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Glare reduction on iPad.

WizardEyes

Reactions
I apologize if this has been covered before. I like to fly with my iPad but, sometimes the glare gets really bad. Any suggestions on reducing it? Thanks in advance.

Pyydän anteeksi, jos tätä on käsitelty aiemmin. Tykkään lentää iPadin kanssa, mutta joskus häikäisy muuttuu todella pahaksi. Onko ehdotuksia sen vähentämiseksi? Kiitos etukäteen.
mworks fine for meworks fine for me

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-04-14-18-21-27_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-04-14-18-21-27_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    580.5 KB · Views: 9
I apologize if this has been covered before. I like to fly with my iPad but, sometimes the glare gets really bad. Any suggestions on reducing it? Thanks in advance.
Get a good pair of polarized sun glasses. And a hat

It appears that nothing helps l human eye viewing a tablet outside without shading it?

I remember in the past there were Anti Glare screen protectors, anybody using those?

I guess wait for the tablet company's to come up with a solution for this.
You know it will happen.

I sent this to my glasses guy.

I really don't know who to ask.

Anyways If you don't know, send me in the right direction.

What came up was on a drone forum, basically trying to view a mobile
device in the sun, I guess it would looking at a mobile device in the
sun and changing the frequency etc.

They make these, this is what poster linked, said he asked people at
eyeglass stores. They didn't know what he talking about.

The link has annoying adds, but I'm thinking going past this for viewing outdoors.

Removed link for this post.

I would love to hear any thoughts and which way I should look into this.

Rod..

Rod, Polaroid lenses work by blocking lightwaves that are vibrating in the horizontal direction. Lightwaves such as those reflecting off hot pavement, car hoods and flat water surfaces. Since we view these surfaces from an upright position the glare from these surfaces is only neutralized when we are standing perpendicular to the surface. If you tilt your head 90 degrees to the horizontal surface the glare will appear. Evidently the LED's in mobile devices only emit light vibrating in the horizontal direction and polaroid lenses block that light. I have never tested it but it makes sense if that is the case. A simple test would be to look at your screen in the normal orientation and then either rotate the lens or the screen 90 degrees to see if it brightens up. JC

Reactions: Dustydoug
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman