DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Gleniffer Braes

Chilly,
Is 1:23 an ancient fort?
Nice video.
Does any one else think that the through the trees bit at 0:37 is a bit unusual, in that you have a distinctly blue sea. I noticed a few years ago that sea, hills and snow tend to lead to black and white style images, both to the eye and camera.

The "fort" is a 15th century castle that now stands in the middle of a reservoir:

The black and white style at 0:37 is interesting. I've checked the histogram of the clip and it's a very, very high dynamic range shot. There's two peaks in the histogram; one close to the right for the snow and the other at the left for the shadows. The peak on the right looks to have some clipping - all colour in the shadows will be lost as this is just black.

It's a limitation of a 8 bit camera with that kind of scene. You either clip the whites or crush the blacks. This was taken with the Mini 2 (I was on a run and it's fits nice in my running pack). The 10 bit of the Mavic 2 Pro may have faired better.

Chilly,
Is 1:23 an ancient fort?
Nice video.
Does any one else think that the through the trees bit at 0:37 is a bit unusual, in that you have a distinctly blue sea. I noticed a few years ago that sea, hills and snow tend to lead to black and white style images, both to the eye and camera.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy