DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gnats and orange landing pad

Rchawks

Reactions
Yesterday I had quite an experience with Gnats and my orange landing pad. I wasn't crazy about my MA2 sucking them in thru the intake, so I changed takeoff positions 4 times before I could take off. The really strange thing is the way they seemed to be using my landing pad as a home base, because each time they formed a vertical tornado from the pad up and the reforming was immediate. Has anyone else experienced this? They were determine to say the least.

I have noticed that before... not sure if my encounter were gnats, but whatever they were were after my yellow shirt as I flew... very annoying. I did have my Phantom 4 get attacked by bees once, about 50 feet up from where (apparently) their hive was... I bees do not "hear" but I think they could feel the vibrations of the drone's props and went after it... bloody mess all over the props and arms!

• Wow
Reactions: Rchawks
Bugs see the world differently and probably thought the pad and shirt was a giant flower. :D

The bees went after the Phantom 4 because it's a DRONE. ?

I get the gnat tornadoes hovering over my hot tub all the time, weird little creatures!

Just another thing to carry whilst out hiking/flying. Portable insect spraying machine with a gallon or more contents for them pesky critters! Stay safe! (and bite-free).

I actually have a can of bug repellent as part of my drone kit.

Mosquitoes can be quite hungry when trying to capture a sunset.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo