DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go 4 App issue

peteri8706

Reactions
Hi all.

First post, long time reader.

I'm having an issue which I'm hoping others with a solution might help with.

It's specifically with the app. I'm using the Samsung s8+, on Android 7.1.1 paired with the Mavic Pro. Yes, I'm on latest firmware and iteration of the app - all up to date.

The app installs fine and everything works as it should on first few runs.

After using the app on the 5th, or 7th, or 10th time it won't start - it crashes and won't open at all. Tried rebooting the phone and clearing the app cache, to no avail. The phone says to restart the app, but it still keeps crashing without getting past the splash screen.

The only way to get it to run again is to uninstall and reinstall it from scratch. I've only had to do it whilst around home, so whilst it's frustrating, I can overcome it easily with the method above. I've even tried disabling the auto-landscape screen rotate as I read somewhere that this interferes with the app and causes it to crash on Android.

My concern is that I might actually take the drone out to a remote place with no cell reception, try start the app to fly it and then it crashes continuously - meaning I've wasted my time going to a 'far' enough place and cannot fly as I cannot re-download the app due to no cell service...

Any other app we can control the drone with without losing functionality and with full feature set as the go 4 app? I've seen Litchi but not sure of its feature set and what it's shortcomings may be. Don't mind paying for it if it means I can fly etc, and not have a paperweight out in the middle of nowhere with no cell reception.

Also, not keen to get an IOS device (or any other device for that matter) purely for the drone - adding to the cost of what has already been spent.

Any solutions/help would be appreciated and thank you in advance [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Since there are thousands of people using the app and firmware with out issues, I guess that leaves the phone? Seems like I have seen threads on the samsung 8 issues? Maybe do a forum search for your phone.
There are some android geeks here that can tell you what to root or modify (whatever they do) to get thing going.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenbookwriting