DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go 4 App Latest Android Update

Copepe

Reactions
My Google Pixel XL always worked beautifully with the Go 4 app until the latest update. I now have severe issues. The image pixelates or just turns into a blob the moment the camera moves.

Will attempt to fly my MPP with an IOS device this morning. Hopefully DJI did not break both versions.Screenshot_20180615-180833.jpeg

I'm fairly new to drones. In April'18, I started flying a Mavic Air with my Nexus 5/Android-6/Go-4 v. 4.2.8, and no flight problems.
Now, I with the updated Go-4 App v. 4.2.12 , while the M-Air (now V.01.00.0400, R-C V.01.0100) is flying, I get a message on Go-4; "Go-4 isn't responding, want to Quit or Wait?" I ignore the message and land the M-Air. This has happened several times.

I'm open to any suggestions on what to do next.

I'm having similar issues. For months I have been running Go 4 4.1.18 on a Samsung S7 edge, with no freezing of video pixellation issues for the most part. Suddenly after my phone was upgraded to Android 8.0 I've experience horrible pixellation/macroblocking in the video and app freezes and crashes. The only change was the Android 8.0 update.

Here's an except from the video cashed on my phone:
That's basically what I saw on my phne screen during the flight. The video recorded on the SD card shows none of these anomalies.

Also at the end of this flight the app had a partial freeze - the video feed continued to display, but the control and telemetry was completely frozen. I still had control using the remote so I landed the MPP and stopped the video recording using the red button on the RC. The recording on the SD card stopped cleanly, but the cached recording was corrupted. I was able to reconstruct the corrupted cache video and upload it to YouTube.

Tried to fly again today with the same setup as I listed on yesterday, Sat., 23-Jun.
After T/O and maybe 2-min. of flying, got the same big message on my Nexus-5 screen "Go-4 isn't responding, ...". The message covers about 3/4 of the mobile screen and I cannot see any info.

Good news is that the drone responds well to the controller sticks and will fly and land normal (which I did after about 3-min. with message still covering screen).
Maybe I should try to go back to a previous version of Go-4 ?

So I uninstalled 4.1.18 and installed 4.2.20. Big mistake!!! Now instead of the occasional macroblocking and app freezes the video is completely unusable!

Thank goodness for Litchi!

After my disastrous first flight I switched over to Litchi. The video was rock solid and crystal clear, just like it's supposed to be.

So now begins the laborious process of rolling back Go 4 versions in the hope of finding one that works until DJI gets its **** together. :rolleyes:

Flying a Mavic Air with my Nexus 5 / Android-6 and now updated to Go-4 v. 4.2.20

Again, after T/O and maybe 4 -min. of flying, got the same big message on my Nexus-5 screen "Go-4 isn't responding, ...". The message covers about 3/4 of the mobile screen and I cannot see any info. It displays "Wait or Quit".
Good news is that the drone still responds well to the controller sticks and will fly and land normal (which I did after about 3 more min. with message still covering screen).

Flew again after short time on the ground; stayed up for about 5-min. and screen display normal, and no big message "Go-4 isn't responding...." .

The Go-4 message problem seems unpredictable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803