DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go beyond maximum altitude of 500m setting?

The evidence is there to see on the video it’s quite obvious what he’s doing, and I mean agl above ground level or take off point
The 5:30 mark is where he starts attempting to land. It looks dicey as to whether he was going to get it to take off again, he got lucky.

Reactions: Elude
while i haven't read every single message on this thread i find myself here researching what is the correct way to plan for a mission above 500m, and yes though many of you questioning OP's legal intentions i can assure you there are some of us out there who have legitimate reason to go above 500m limits,

to shade some light, we are a small development company,
a larger company with more resources can afford a professional services to conduct research on their behalf,
with a small budget sending mavic up to 5k or 10k ft to collect data is affordable,

so far we have followed every FAA regulation which is not really complicated or overwhelming to be honest,
it would be helpful if anyone have factual information on how one should proceed when looking to perform such mission,

the limit in DJI UAV's is a safety limit they programmed not mandated by law,
as it stands it is not illegal to do so just requires a different procedure most likely not familiar with,

one can still strap anything they like to an uncontrolled balloon and send it up to space with no permits at all,
which imho is 100 folds worst when looking at it from a safety stand point,

if anyone has helpful information i would very much appreciate it :)

TIA
Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb