DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go BIG or GO HOME with the Smart Controller and 50" TV ;)

I like it!
Now, just make it all portable

Next on the list:
Quad runner
Portable generator
Small flat bed trailer
Old office chair bolted to the trailer floor
Black painted plywood for screen sunshade
Optional:
Propane heater
Refrigerator for refreshments
Portable personal potty for those necessary moments
Popcorn maker

Hummmm, yeah, that should do it.

You forgot the bourbon

Reactions: VikingFlyer
I did that with my Inspire 1 because it has two remotes that have HDMI outputs. I set the second remote up on a TV and put it into a mode that allows the second remote to control the camera gimbal while I was flying. Nice way to let people who might be skittish about flying to let them get into it. Of course it has practical uses too, if you want to have a director or DP have a better view just set up the remote to act as a receiver, or have a focus puller or DP controlling the gimbal. That way they won't be distracted by the flight information and have a much larger screen to check for image problems.

The Mavic 1 has the option for two remotes, and I would imagine the same thing is true with the M2. So if you upgraded to the Smart Controller you should be able to pair both to the drone for either pilot/trainer mode or just as a receiver, although you'll probably have to pilot from the original controller. I don't believe the M1 dual controls have a mode for the second controller to run the gimbal though.

Reactions: VikingFlyer
I have a 55” Plasma I don’t use!
Oh yea, it’s on!

Thanks for the info!!

Did a small experiement just for fun to see how it was working to use a big 50" TV as monitor.
Here is the result :p

How do you get the output from the smart controller to go full screen? When I connect my DJI Smart Controller to my Sony TV, it only shows a small square in the middle of the screen. I tried all of the HDMI settings (Resolution, Output mode, Screen Zoom, etc). Let me know.

What kind of settings did you have to select in the RC to get the HDMI to output full screen? I don't have the smart controller, but I do have a 5.5" and 7.8" CrystalSky and am using the HDMI output. On the 5.5" CS, the HDMI outputs full screen no problem. The 7.8" CS has a feature that the 5.5" doesn't have called "Screen Crop." So far in my testing with the 7.8", I am having to enable "Screen Crop" to get the HDMI to output full screen. Anyone else have any experience with this?

Attachments

• IMG_6154.jpg
    IMG_6154.jpg
    477.5 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: dronerdave
Did a small experiement just for fun to see how it was working to use a big 50" TV as monitor.
Here is the result :p

How do you get the output from the smart controller to go full screen? When I connect my DJI Smart Controller to my Sony TV, it only shows a small square in the middle of the screen. I tried all of the HDMI settings (Resolution, Output mode, Zoom

Reactions: Randyaudio
Now work on doing this from inside the house by mounting the attennas on the roof and running the leads to the remote sitting in your LR. Like to know what the signal loss would be with a 100ft coax connected to the smart controller.

How do you get the output from the smart controller to go full screen? When I connect my DJI Smart Controller to my Sony TV, it only shows a small square in the middle of the screen. I tried all of the HDMI settings (Resolution, Output mode, Zoom

Does the Smart Controller have the option “Screen Crop?” I posted a few comments above about my 7.8” CrystalSky HDMI output not filling the screen unless I select Screen Crop. Any chance this is what’s happening with your Smart Controller?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22