DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Go Fly" on multiple devices wants to install firmware multiple times

TT3023

Reactions
Greetings. I have Go Fly installed on two devices, a phone and a tablet. Both of them pop up the "download firmware" prompts and after being downloaded both want to install the new firmware on the controller and drone. After the firmware has been installed from either the phone or tablet, is there some way to avoid having the other device keep demanding that the firmware be (unnecessarily) installed from it as well? Thanks!

Your email is confusing. I understand you have the Go Fly on two devices. But those devices will not ask for an update unless there is one available for the APP, and the APP only. If the drone or the controller, even the batteries, need an update, you'll get a message when flying from them thru the controller to your phone as an update request FOR THOSE DEVICES, not the phone or tablet. So maybe you are not accepting the updates to the drone or batteries and keep getting that message, no matter which device, phone or tablet, you are using as a monitor. If to a battery, remember each battery would need the update.

Hi. The app on both devices (tablet and drone) is up to date. When running it first on the tablet, a firmware update download popped up. I downloaded it and then installed it (to the controller, apparently). Then later I hooked up the phone rather than the tablet. It went through the same sequence. Downloaded the SAME firmware update, and then wanted to install it to the controller. But that controller update had already been successfully installed from the tablet. I'm trying to avoid doing unnecessary duplicate updates. Thanks very much!

Your email is confusing. I understand you have the Go Fly on two devices. But those devices will not ask for an update unless there is one available for the APP, and the APP only. If the drone or the controller, even the batteries, need an update, you'll get a message when flying from them thru the controller to your phone as an update request FOR THOSE DEVICES, not the phone or tablet. So maybe you are not accepting the updates to the drone or batteries and keep getting that message, no matter which device, phone or tablet, you are using as a monitor. If to a battery, remember each battery would need the update.
I should add that so far I've only used a single battery. The other two are still in hibernation as shipped (still in the multicharger, which I have not used yet). The Go Fly app on both devices popped up the firmware download and then install requests even before the phone or tablet were plugged into the controller.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear