DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GO SHARE wont connect to S10 phone

gordo55

Reactions
ok this is my 1st post hope someone can help cant connect my SMART CONTROLLER to my Samsung S10 mobile .. did send mail to MAVIC tech and was told it doesnt connect to ANDRIOD phones !!!! repied to them concerning it says ALL PHONES then recieved another email which states list of Andriod phones ...and mines is S10 so much for Mavic keeping up with technology this is copy of email maybe will help someone with same connection problems ... over to u techies thanks G

Portrait.png
DJI Customer Support (DJI Support)
2020年8月27日 GMT+8 下午5:41
Hi Gordon,

Thank you for the email.
Apologies for the late reply.

On behalf of my colleague Christian, let me assist you.
Regarding your concern, to confirm, indeed we do have DJI Go share that allows connecting the mobile device to Smart Controller and let us try to troubleshoot by the following steps below

Firstly, please check the compatible list to ensure the mobile device is compatible (basically refer to the list of Mavic 2, see below), and double-check if the device has been connected successfully once.
  • iOS V 4.3.37
Requires iOS 9.0 or above.
Compatible with iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone SE, iPad Pro, iPad, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4
  • Android V 4.3.36
Requires Android 5.0 or above.
Compatible with Samsung S9+, Samsung S9, Samsung S8+, Samsung S7, Samsung S7 Edge, Samsung S6, Samsung S6 Edge, Samsung Note 8, Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei P20, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei P10, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 8, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo X20, Vivo X9, OPPO Find X, OPPO R15, OPPO R11, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Mix 2, Mi 8, Mi 6, Redmi Note 5, Google Pixel 2XL, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 5T
*Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.

• Ensure the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth of a mobile device in on, and relative privacy settings are allowed.
  • For both iOS and Android systems, if it cannot be connected successfully by scan the QR code (including cannot find the Bluetooth, connect failed), please try to directly connect it in Wi-Fi. By searching for the Wi-Fi of Smart Controller (default name as “Smart Controller_xxxx”)
  • For the Android system specifically, there is a “WLAN+” function to enhance Internet experience, by which it may disconnect the go share signal because it has no internet access.
If the above steps cannot solve the problem, try the following (with a picture for your information):
  • Manually select the AP band as 2.4GHz in “Go Share” setting, see image below
1598536875488.png
  • Reset the network in “Wireless & network” , see image below:
    1598536875538.png
Hope this helps.
Thank you for your understanding and for choosing DJI.
Keep safe, Gordon :)
Best Regards,
Antonette
DJI Customer Support
YouTube: DJI Tutorials

Hello, I have an S9, but maybe the way I connect will work for yours as well. I am never able to get the QR code thing to scan, so this is my work around.

Turn on the drone.
Turn on the smart controller.
Once the main screen is up, swipe down from the top of the screen.
Hit go share near the upper right.
A QR code will appear, (this is the point where you are supposed to be able to scan the code to connect). For now just leave it on screen and set the SC to the side.
Now go to your phone settings, then connections, then Wi-Fi, then connect to the smart controller (exact name will vary, but should say smart controller xxxxx.
Once connected, start DJI go 4 on your phone.
Hit the editor icon down by the bottom, (which will look grayed out).
Hit go share on upper right.
It should now display your videos and photos and you can select and download any or all of them if you want to your phone. Once downloaded they will be in your gallery.
This is the method I use and works pretty well.

If I remember correctly, the first time I opened go 4 and the editor go share function, it did allow me to scan the QR code and connected fine. But after that the scan wouldn't work and I use the above method. The first time you can try opening go 4, editor, and go share, and see if it comes to the point where you can scan the code. It's been a quite a while, and now I just use the work around, and don't really remember the original method at the moment.

Last edited:
BIG THANKS to KB9Radio for his info now connected to Samsung S10 PHONE can send pics thru whats app email etc great to join a forum that can help hope it also solves some other folks with same problems ..cheers Gordon

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121