DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go4 App for Mavic Air shutting down

Hank S.

Reactions
Good evening. Today, my phone performed an update on my Android, a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ today. Afterwards, the DJI Go4 app says it has a bug and won't load. I am getting an error message. Anyone know what to do next?

Good evening. Today, my phone performed an update on my Android, a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ today.
Afterwards, the DJI Go4 app says it has a bug and won't load. I am getting an error message. Anyone know what to do next?
Good morning, I just updated as well on my Galaxy Note 10+ to One UI (Android 12) and all 3 DJI apps, (Go4, Fly and DJI Store) are not opening. Might it have to do with a new way that the Android OS stores files so that they are not shared?
I use my older Galaxy S8 and there was no upgrade on that phone and the apps still work on the S8.
Perhaps DJI needs to look at this issue and make some changes to all of their mobile apps?

Further to my earlier post of this morning, I strongly recommend to all Android users who wish to update their smartphones to One UI (Android 12), to DELAY the update until we understand why all DJI apps are unable to run on this upgraded Android platform.

Further to my earlier post of this morning, I strongly recommend to all Android users who wish to update their smartphones to One UI (Android 12), to DELAY the update until we understand why all DJI apps are unable to run on this upgraded Android platform.

I've upgraded to One UI 4 (Android 12) on my Galaxy S20 FE and all the DJI apps work as expected. However my device has a Snapdragon CPU, I've heard the issue might involve Samsung devices with the Exynos chip instead.

Same problem - will go to DJI page, but the Google Playstore says - one vesion "GJI GO for products before P4", and another for "products after P4". What does this mean?

Same problem - will go to DJI page, but the Google Playstore says - one vesion "GJI GO for products before P4", and another for "products after P4". What does this mean?
it means there are 2 versions....one for birds released before, and another for after, the Phantom 4. Basically there is one version for Phantoms and another for Mavic/Spark, You can check the timeline here:

Timeline of DJI Drones: From the Phantom 1 to the Mavic Air

Not that it matters....the Playstore versions are not up to date. Don't bother with them if you are using Android 12.

Last edited:
Running dji fly on my S20 FE 5g and S21 FE 5G right now. Both phones on Android 12. Dji has apps for this version of Android, it just requires going to their site, downloading the apk file, and installing it to the phone. Make sure you allow 3rd party apps. Why they aren't doing it in Google play store, I don't know, but you can at least get then working from the dji site directly.

Reactions: JDubyaM
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stug26