DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go4 log invisible in the FlightRecord folder when looking via a Windows computer, why ?

Yorkshire_Pud

Reactions
Ok I tried a Hudl_2 with Go4 and the mavic 2, everything appeared to work but when I went to download the log to the Windows computer the FlightRecord folder appeared empty, not even the MCDatFlightRecords subfolder is there.
Go4 can replay the flight and a file browser on the Hudl 2 found both the .txt and .DAT flightlogs and the McDatFlightRecords folder and allowed me to copy the logs to the download folder.
From there I copied them to computer and they seem correct.

What could the reason be for this invisiblilty? Any ideas? Permissions perhaps ?

I just copied a .txt from the computer to the Flightrecords folder and it is visible via the computer.
I'll have a look via Linux later.

This may sound stupid, but not meant to. Did you actually fly the drone?

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
It may be a file structure issue with the tablet. I suspect your thoughts about file permissions may be correct. Without having the unit, I am not able to investigate it, but just an educated guess would lead me to agree with you about file permissions.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
It may be a file structure issue with the tablet. I suspect your thoughts about file permissions may be correct. Without having the unit, I am not able to investigate it, but just an educated guess would lead me to agree with you about file permissions.
Linux also doesn't see the logs, lol hmmmm

I can't speak for Linux, but as far as Windows goes, if the file attributes are set as a system file and you don't have Explorer set to show system files, it won't be displayed.

Sassin frassin Richard Dastardly, just rebooted the Hudl 2and the blooming things have appeared mutter mutter beep beeep

• Haha
Reactions: GFields
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alphaagentleads