DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go4 Video feed Temporary Disconnect on Hand Launch

Gringorio

Premium Pilot
Reactions
On my recent ocean voyage as the drone operator for a whale research project, I had a consistent problem with the Mavic Pro that has not happened before or after when launching from the ground on land. For every hand launch (required because of the wind/wave conditions and limited deck space) my launch crew would hand-hold the Mavic while the gimbal calibrated and the satellites allowed for home-point confirmation. Once this step was completed I would launch and the video feed would immediately disconnect for about 30 - 45 seconds. At this point for all flights I still had visual on and control of the Mavic, just a frozen app with no flight info or recording capabilities. After what seemed like 30 seconds or more the app would start again with the voice stating the home point had been recorded please check it on the map and the ding sound of the auto focus occurring at the current location of the Mavic where I had flown it away from the ship.

Any ideas about this or do I need to upload a flight log example?

You state that it hasn't happened before or since, you may have been caught by an update that then was corrected by another update. My tablet is set up to not allow automatic updates and I use it in airplane mode. Without more information this is just a guess.

Last edited:
You state that it hasn't happened before or since, you may have been caught by an update that then was corrected by another update. My tablet is set up to not allow automatic updates and I use it in airplane mode. Without more information this is just a guess.

Yeah, we were out of cell coverage for three weeks and my tablet, like yours, was in airplane mode. I'll see if I can post a link to the flight info.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS