DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles and Motion controller m3pro

Well I got mine today. It took three different attempts to get the goggle, the mini 3 pro and the motion controller to have compatible software, that only took about an hour and a half. Then it has issues with the RC controller being bound to the Mini 3 Pro. You have to unbind the controller to get the goggles and motion controller to bind. However, still cannot seem to get the RC unbound separately from the Mini 3 Pro. You have to unbind them as a pair and then it does not seem to register with the goggles that you have unbound this. It give an error that it will not fly with an unbound device.

Anyhow, I'll try again tomorrow evening. Have to fly the regular airplane tomorrow most of the day. Thank god I don't have to bind the airplane with the pilot. I just need to have the keys, which are still little metal things, not some software code. Then again the three computers in the G1000 system are almost as big a PIA as this silly goggle motion controller issue. Takes about 5 minutes of intense soft button monkey motion to get the system convinced to go where you would like to go.

• Haha
Reactions: Rchawks
Found out my issue. I had bought the goggles controller package, but...stupid me, the package I got was the goggles 2, but with the motion controller 1! Not really apparent when I ordered it. So it must go back. The Mini 3 Pro needs the motion controller 2 (somebody really needs to work on their naming and marking conventions at DJI). I did ask if you can use the goggles with the RC controller at product support DJI, kind of got a Duh back, polite duh, but duh nonetheless. She must go back and ask the factory, which now seems to be some kind of talkative building by inference. Lets see what they say.

Found out my issue. I had bought the goggles controller package, but...stupid me, the package I got was the goggles 2, but with the motion controller 1! Not really apparent when I ordered it. So it must go back. The Mini 3 Pro needs the motion controller 2 (somebody really needs to work on their naming and marking conventions at DJI). I did ask if you can use the goggles with the RC controller at product support DJI, kind of got a Duh back, polite duh, but duh nonetheless. She must go back and ask the factory, which now seems to be some kind of talkative building by inference. Lets see what they say.
You can use the goggles with the DJI RC, but it is HIGHLY not recommended. Seems there was an internal bug that allows flight, but not safe flight. Don't do it.

• Wow
Honestly, I agree. Using the RC and the goggles would be rather goofy. Not exactly the best set-up ergonomically speaking. I went ahead and returned the set and ordered the one with, god let's hope, the Motion 2 controller. The copy on the web when you order this stuff is very weak, like been through two or three translations weak. So let us see how it goes next week, when the theoretically new package arrives. I had to set up a small computer fan I had in the parts bin to keep on the Mini 3 Pro to keep it cool during all the linking and firmware updating. It would tend to start complaining it was hot and shut down. I suppose the other solution is to shove it all in the freezer while it beeps and links or updates for a seemingly endless amount of time.

Last edited:
  • Haha
The new set-up arrived. It did finally link up, all three bits. Still had to do the firmware dance. Easier this time, since the Motion 2 controller actually will plug into and be recognized by DJI Assistant. There is the binding it to your aircraft part as well. The really stupid thing is when the Motion Controller needs its compass calibrated. You have to rotate it in two axis. Now when you do the goggles IMU Calibration, it will show on the phone screen during set-up. With the controller, it wants you to wear the goggles and spin the controller around like a baton, without looking at it. Apparently this is some kind of dexterity test.

I hope to go out to a flat, no obstruction place to practice a bit. Except it is a bit breezy this weekend and every nimrod with an RV, razor, atv, overlanding rig, dirt bike, is coming from miles around to see how many we can kill for Memorial Day. Typically it is at least 4. The controller is either joystick, trigger controlled or gesture based, kind of like a Wii.

I recommend some kind of fan to cool the Mini Pro while doing all this linking and updating. It heats up static fairly quickly and will shut down and stop talking to everything. So any small amount of breeze will solve this.

drone.jpg

Finally had a spare moment. My son needed to be suddenly moved to Denver, which kind of ate up most of the Memorial Day long weekend. Then it has been blowing here like wounded hurricane. One of the most disappointing things about the whole setup is that due to FAA regulations, the Mini 3 Pro needs to have a valid position for Remote ID transmission. Apparently, neither the internal GPS of the M3P works for that and the goggles apparently have no internal GPS. What does this mean? Well, you must tether your phone to your goggles for the moment running DJI Fly to give the goggles some kind of position to transmit.

Apparently there is no wireless solution. Perhaps in the future, but for now, not only do you have the battery cable running to the goggles, but a phone cable as well. I suppose I will need to fiddle with the cables to make them more like one cable rather than having what seems like ivy running down the side of my head.

Aside from that disappointing and super annoying shortcoming. It does work well. It takes a bit getting used to the controller gestures and joystick motions to have perfect control. I would recommend going someplace there is nothing to run into to practice a bit before you try tricky stuff. Particularly, give yourself a bunch of room to takeoff and land in. You cannot see the drone with the goggles on (duh). So you cannot see if your going to run into anything above taking off, or below you landing.

Last edited:
Well I got mine today. It took three different attempts to get the goggle, the mini 3 pro and the motion controller to have compatible software, that only took about an hour and a half. Then it has issues with the RC controller being bound to the Mini 3 Pro. You have to unbind the controller to get the goggles and motion controller to bind. However, still cannot seem to get the RC unbound separately from the Mini 3 Pro. You have to unbind them as a pair and then it does not seem to register with the goggles that you have unbound this. It give an error that it will not fly with an unbound device.

Anyhow, I'll try again tomorrow evening. Have to fly the regular airplane tomorrow most of the day. Thank god I don't have to bind the airplane with the pilot. I just need to have the keys, which are still little metal things, not some software code. Then again the three computers in the G1000 system are almost as big a PIA as this silly goggle motion controller issue. Takes about 5 minutes of intense soft button monkey motion to get the system convinced to go where you would like to go.
I initially had the Mini 3 Pro with the Screen RC and its works Superbly...and then I saw the INTEGRA goggles and the Motion 2 controller...WOW !!! fell in love with the concept so ordered the Goggles and Motion 2 controller there and then..... It arrived the same day and I could not wait to see it perform.....
2 hours later and approaching midnight I was frustrated and annoyed i could not get it to pair up.....I have got to the stage now where the goggles will only let me select from AVARTA and OJ3 ? drone when I try to SWITCH on the goggles and when I connect the goggles to my mobile phone to try set the goggles up ...I select the INTEGRA picture and it tells me to connect my mobile and when I do it just hangs on that page....telling me to plug in my mobile to the goggles and thats where I am now....... :( any assistance / advice on sorting this issue is welcomed.... Thank You Shaun

If all you're seeing in the Goggles Integra screen is those two drones, then its firmware has not been updated. This updating or not updating was the root of my spending a couple of hours I will not be getting back, ever. The only way to get the goggles to update is to plug them into your phone with DJI Fly running. Once the Firmware updates to the latest version you need to then let the Motion Controller 2 update as well. It (motion Controller 2) does it not connected to the phone with wires, but wirelessly.

So connect your goggles to your phone (in the case of an iPhone, lightning to USB-C cable, if you don't have that then use the supplied dongle that adapts USB-A to C, run DJI Fly. Start your goggles, when you see the goggles , tiny icon above connection guide, with arrow to tiny phone. Then select profile, little head & shoulder icon on the lower edge. Then at the top, you see Device Management. Select and the first icon should be the goggles, with a tiny green dot in the upper right, showing connected. then you should see Firmware Update on the left side second option. Select that and it should show goggles firmware version on the upper right side and below that in blue, Check for Updates. Select that and it then prompts you to turn on the motion controller. Everything should be rather close. If you don't have a Motion Controller you can skip the Motion Controller update, by selection the Skip option on the bottom. It checks and then prompts you to update everything. Have a cup of Tea while you wait.

If all is well, then it should all start connecting as per instructions and run. It is rather fun and I find it useful for inspections. I just wish it ran on the Enterprise Drones as well. You think this is challenging, get an RTK Module and try to get that to run of the NTRIP network. If you think the directions for this setup is sketchy, you are in the minor leagues.

On the Edge of Walnut Canyon with the Goggles and Mini 3 Pro, short 10K hike to get there.
DJI_0005.1.jpg

Thank you for the information and response. In the end I managed to use the DJI Assistant 2 windows app ( using my laptop) and a USB to type C lead to upgrade ALL the 3 components needed.....INTEGRA GOGGLES....MINI 3 PRO....MC2 Stick....all upgraded flawlessly.....went through pairing steps.....Goggles to Mini 3 Pro and then Mini 3 Pro to STICK.....re booted all 3 elements.....worked perfectly.......Thanks again for the advice.... Regards Shaun

If you can get it to work on your computer, I recommend that all DJI consumers of all their products use the DJI Assistant software to keep their equipment up to date with the latest firmware. When it works, there's never a question about what software version you are currently on, whether or not new software is available, and often times the release notes are right there for you to open and read to learn that a DJI product almost never is automatically compatible with anything new without a software update.

Also if you want to rollback your software to a previous version (or even check on the details from a previous version), it's all there. Finally you can refresh your current software version should it become necessary. Once you get used to using it, it's reliable and you don't have to spend hours struggling with issues that are easily resolved.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos