DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles Antenna Mod

I haven't yet, have you ? If so, what kind of range increase do you get ? Mind you, installing directional antennas to increase gain sort of defeats the primary FPV purpose of the goggles, i.e. you are much more likely to lose your link if you look anywhere else than toward the drone.

I haven't yet, have you ? If so, what kind of range increase do you get ? Mind you, installing directional antennas to increase gain sort of defeats the primary FPV purpose of the goggles, i.e. you are much more likely to lose your link if you look anywhere else than toward the drone.

I have not tried yet, but I am fully aware of the fact that you have to face the aircraft at long range. We have extended everything else on the Mavic, I figured why not try the goggles??

Can you give is a hint on how to add external antenna? I'd like to put a SMA connector on the goggles if all possible for it's worth the gain.

Best regards,
Steve

Well if you pull the Goggle's apart, you'll see the connectors are already there for the most part. Of all the "mods" the Goggle's might be the easiest yet. The batter and antenna connections are right at the joint. You can see them clearly when you pull the goggles apart.

how many antennas does it have? Wouldn't it need an amp and antenna for each one? Is it better to get the black RE and just plug into the external antenna port?

thank you

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair