DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles for Mavic Air

Mavic-Max

Reactions
Anyone have any thoughts or review on using dji goggles. I have a Mavic Air. Looking at the white goggles and the black & Red goggles. Which do you think best. I’m not racing but would like to fly through trees and windows in derelict buildings etc. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Ditto the Epson BT-300. I have a pair since my vision isn't great took the lenses out of an older pair of eyeglasses, fitted them in the frame Epson supplies and the video images are crystal clear. The benefit is still have some situational awareness regarding your surrounding and you can still keep an eye directly on the drone.

Reactions: pelagic_one
The standard white goggles will do what you want.
The RE (black / red) are good for other FPV too, but white are just for the DJI drones.
Not sure how the goggles will connect to the Air, being wifi.
With my M1P my REs connect via occusync, and with my Spark (also wifi connection) it uses a cord.

The Occusync connection allows me to fly with the usual viewing device, AND use the goggles.
The Wifi on the Spark, I can only use the goggles, so it's a bit more dangerous learning.
You can just tilt them up and fly VLOS at any time, but watch glare if a sunny day, it's easy to blind yourself for a few secs after lifting them.
Some say never lift them, it's too disorientating, but think this is more for other FPV, I've lifted mine with the Spark and M1P a few times.

If you go with DJI goggles, learn in the same environment you should when first starting flying, big, open, flat area, like a sports oval or clear parkland.

As others have said, the Epson glasses are possibly better option for you, as you can see through the vision for VLOS and ability to recover the drone by eye.
Do the glasses also allow device connection along with glasses ?
Even better if so, you can use either at anytime, and watch your onscreen data map

The glasses are less cumbersome than either set of DJI goggles, the goggles do give a full immersion experience though, like you're in the cockpit.

would like to fly through trees and windows in derelict buildings etc.

You know you can do this using a device, don't you ?
Practice on larger gaps / opening first.
Use the camera grid, or even the centre cross, with the gimbal dead forward, putting that centre grid or cross on the opening centre allows flight through with clearance (as long as it's not silly !! OR there is wind blowing / buffeting the aircraft).

I have the air and the white goggles. They work very well. The only difference is you must connect the controller with a USB cable to the goggles. No big thing.. Other than that they work well.

The RE (black / red) are good for other FPV too, but white are just for the DJI drones.
With my M1P my REs connect via occusync, and with my Spark (also wifi connection) it uses a cord.

The Occusync connection allows me to fly with the usual viewing device, AND use the goggles.
The Wifi on the Spark, I can only use the goggles, so it's a bit more dangerous learning.
You can just tilt them up and fly VLOS at any time, but watch glare if a sunny day, it's easy to blind yourself for a few secs after lifting them.
Some say never lift them, it's too disorientating, but think this is more for other FPV, I've lifted mine with the Spark and M1P a few times.

If you go with DJI goggles, learn in the same environment you should when first starting flying, big, open, flat area, like a sports oval or clear parkland.

As others have said, the Epson glasses are possibly better option for you, as you can see through the vision for VLOS and ability to recover the drone by eye.
Even better if so, you can use either at anytime, and watch your onscreen data map

The glasses are less cumbersome than either set of DJI goggles, the goggles do give a full immersion experience though, like you're in the cockpit.

Use the camera grid, or even the centre cross, with the gimbal dead forward, putting that centre grid or cross on the opening centre allows flight through with clearance (as long as it's not silly !! OR there is wind blowing / buffeting the aircraft).

Thanks for the wise words

Ditto the Epson BT-300. I have a pair since my vision isn't great took the lenses out of an older pair of eyeglasses, fitted them in the frame Epson supplies and the video images are crystal clear. The benefit is still have some situational awareness regarding your surrounding and you can still keep an eye directly on the drone.

Thanks I’ll take a look at them on you tube.

I find getting the correct angle is very difficult if I’m not standing directly behind it.

I had this video pop up in my YouTube recommended a while ago, found it VERY good . . .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Good tutorial on flying tight spaces, can be applied to all drones.

Hi do these work with an iPhone.

Hi thanks for the info. Do the Epsom glasses work with an iPhone

Hi do these work with an iPhone.

You don't use an iPhone. The glasses come with a small device that has a touchpad. The device is essentially an Android phone/tablet loaded with the DJI GO4 app. The this small device (smaller than a cellphone) is connected to your controller and glasses via cables, and serves the same purpose as an iPhone would in flying the drone.

Reactions: Recoveryone
Might be worth checking a few youtube vids on the BT300 glasses, I'm sure there would be lots of good setup videos and first use tutorials.
Would be good to know what both goggles and glasses need and compare.
(I see the post above me now with tutorial, which should help you decide.)

As said, the Goggles will work differently with wifi and occusync drones . . . assuming you don't have a Spark (being here on this forum), nad you know goggles don't work with the Mini, so assume you have M1P, MPP, M2 version drone.
Therefore you can use a normal device and goggles (you can fly with device while someone else gets a pilots seat, which is cool !).

If using glasses, sounds like you just use them with the device adaptor, and of course can virtually see as normal VLOS and with FPV on the glasses.

I’ve watched tons of videos and today purchased a pair of Epsom BT300. Looking forward to using them. Thanks for the info.

I’ve watched tons of videos and today purchased a pair of Epsom BT300. Looking forward to using them. Thanks for the info.

I had this video pop up in my YouTube recommended a while ago, found it VERY good . . .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Good tutorial on flying tight spaces, can be applied to all drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bilal545