DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles Ordered

I will report back when I actually see a shipping confirmation and then actually receive them! Can't believe there were so few for the limited time offer!

Looking at the YouTube stats the official DJI promo video has over 56 thousand views. To be conservative let's remove half as duplicate viewings and then take another 75% away as just curious mavic owners. That still leaves about over 6000 people who may have jumped and placed an order. That's a lot of preorders for a relatively small company like DJI.

Rob

Last edited:
i use the HOMIDO VR googles now, wired to the controller....and while i know they cant compete with the DJI goggles, with Latency and negative resolution-----I am trying to wrap my head around what is 500$ better? And before the shenanigans, yes I am dying for the DJI goggles, and yes I am that guy that would proudly stand at the end of the field with a full mailbox on his head just for the experience of it..Just again want to know if they are truly that much more superior? Need to justify this purchase! ;):)

Reactions: Slayerstwin
i use the HOMIDO VR googles now, wired to the controller....and while i know they cant compete with the DJI goggles, with Latency and negative resolution-----I am trying to wrap my head around what is 500$ better? And before the shenanigans, yes I am dying for the DJI goggles, and yes I am that guy that would proudly stand at the end of the field with a full mailbox on his head just for the experience of it..Just again want to know if they are truly that much more superior? Need to justify this purchase! ;):)
Kinda silly---I already know I am going to have to order the **** things!

Kinda silly---I already know I am going to have to order the **** things!

I had told myself that I wasn't going to buy them but I ordered a set at 1:23 CST yesterday :) I've flown the Mavic with Litchi and my VR One Plus goggles , but seeing the pixels and screen door effect is really distracting to me . If Dji has solved the pixel issue as it states in their video it will be awesome .

I live in ARIZONA, and the sun is a killer and a sun hood has never made sense. I'm planning on using my as much as I can to fly. I'm glad they're white, but wish they weren't too. Looks like a loaf of bread hanging off your face.

I believe I got one of the first fifty Mavic's in the USA and I know the first in the Southwest, maybe I'll get lucky too.

It seems to me that DJI did something smart on this rollout. They waited until they had good inventory, and they only pre sold what they had and then stopped offering pre sale.

Also on the Mavic I got mine through Amazon, I can't find these on Amazon, so that tells me that either Amazon won't let them do pre sale after the Mavic debacle, or DJI is being smart and offering through their store first and only on the rollout?

I will report back when I actually see a shipping confirmation and then actually receive them! Can't believe there were so few for the limited time offer!

Wait, on the Mavic they sold through all retailers including Amazon and took as many orders as they could muster.... then everyone was waiting while DJI tried to keep up, building them, and taking care of their retail obligations.... so on this they didn't offer them until they had a good stock of them, AND only sold what they could handle, produce or have on hand and were complaining?

Like always I casually ordered a while after the announcement and mine says May 20th. I applaud them for not getting over their skis! You should too!

I think the price is fair. Honestly, it really is. Compared to some out there... fatshark is super expensive and is way more complicated and a hassle with batteries and antennas etc. same with those headphone looking deals. $500+!!!

These are simply put a bargain. All the reviews are top notch short of the looks of them, but who cares!

Well....Yes,, but it kind of makes the wearer look like a dork:D
I can see my wife having a really good laugh when I put these on.:D

Rob
It's like a new hair style. Once you see some cool dude on TV or in the movies wearing one, it will become a fashion statement.
Remember how dorky bike helmets were? OK bad example cuz they still look dorky.

I had told myself that I wasn't going to buy them but I ordered a set at 1:23 CST yesterday :) I've flown the Mavic with Litchi and my VR One Plus goggles , but seeing the pixels and screen door effect is really distracting to me . If Dji has solved the pixel issue as it states in their video it will be awesome .
That exactly what I'm hoping for as well!!

Reactions: Merlin23
Well according to chat my order will ship out on the 8th of May. I will believe it when I see it

View attachment 11572
Interesting. I ordered 13 minutes before you did :). I know there are regional differences (I'm in the Netherlands), but perhaps I'll be lucky as well to receive them earlier than May 20

The dates they give via chat have in the past always been pretty random. They say something so you're happy and leave them alone...

16:12 here.

Reactions: Slayerstwin
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078