DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles Ordered

i use the HOMIDO VR googles now, wired to the controller....and while i know they cant compete with the DJI goggles, with Latency and negative resolution-----I am trying to wrap my head around what is 500$ better? And before the shenanigans, yes I am dying for the DJI goggles, and yes I am that guy that would proudly stand at the end of the field with a full mailbox on his head just for the experience of it..Just again want to know if they are truly that much more superior? Need to justify this purchase! ;):)

You paid negative $50 for your goggles?

The US$450 DJI goggles have a very high quality optical setup with a1920 x 1080 display for each eye. Should appear sans pixels to the user.

There are extensive modes and menus and such too, the touch control on the side, .... here.

Last edited:
Need to read the fine print.

Paypal protection only works for 45 days from date of payment. Earliest stated shipping date is beyond that so you'll be locked in.

Good post. I didn't realize it was that far out.

Protected by PayPal. They have nothing to lose.

Yes you do. Once they say it is shipped you cannot get a PayPal refund until after the 10th of July. This has happened to me with a battery pack for a Laptop coming out of China. I waited 2 months while the guy said it was shipped. I tried to cancel after 1 month because I saw another USA guy had the same pack with 3 day shipping. I could not cancel the Chinese order until the shipping date had passed. After 2 months I got nothing and I contacted him again via paypal dispute. He said it was shipped and would arrive in less than a week. The stupid tracking number from some Chinese shipping company yielded no info of value except to say the date it was shipped and that it was on its way.

It's a Scam, that why these guys give you shipping dates that are far off. They get your money and have time to play with it.
They probably used the money from the four fake orders to supplement buying 4 real goggles which they will sell on eBay in late May under another account for $650 a pop.

Rob

Reactions: andyro
Yes you do. Once they say it is shipped you cannot get a PayPal refund until after the 10th of July. This has happened to me with a battery pack for a Laptop coming out of China. I waited 2 months while the guy said it was shipped. I tried to cancel after 1 month because I saw another USA guy had the same pack with 3 day shipping. I could not cancel the Chinese order until the shipping date had passed. After 2 months I got nothing and I contacted him again via paypal dispute. He said it was shipped and would arrive in less than a week. The stupid tracking number from some Chinese shipping company yielded no info of value except to say the date it was shipped and that it was on its way.

It's a Scam, that why these guys give you shipping dates that are far off. They get your money and have time to play with it.
They probably used the money from the four fake orders to supplement buying 4 real goggles which they will sell on eBay in late May under another account for $650 a pop.

Rob

I suspect the 4 orders are just to make them look like people are buying into the scam. They could have set that up at a $1 per pop price and then change the price afterwards. Speculation mind you.

This....is one of the main reasons I bought the Mavic..I love the photography and videography capabilities...and my iPad Mini4 screen is pretty darn good....but.... to have the feeling that I'm flying right there "with" Merlin23 at sports mode speed...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........heck yeah...

Reactions: Ozziebattler
Hi all, I've been pretty disappointed that the DJI Goggles pre-order ended as soon as it became available. And like many, I've been checking the site multiple times a day since.

However, yesterday I was pleasantly surprised that some drone and photography sites are still taking pre-orders. For example:

Canada: DJI Goggles Aerial GOGGLES - Vistek Canada Product Specs
US: DJI Goggles Friendly Hobbies

I've immediately placed my pre-order with Vistek. Does anyone know if these pre-orders are legit (e.g., they will access to additional goggles once DJI formally release the gear)? And if they are, I hope this helps anyone who is in the same desperate boat as I was.

Now, I just have to wait.....

Preorders are usually legit, but experiences from the Mavic launch showed actual availability can be a lottery on high demand products. A dealer may place an order for 100pc, pre-sell those 100, but then only receive them over time in batches of 10 from DJI so that the guy who ordered the last one might have to wait for longer than if he ordered later from somewhere else...

Hi all, I've been pretty disappointed that the DJI Goggles pre-order ended as soon as it became available. And like many, I've been checking the site multiple times a day since.

However, yesterday I was pleasantly surprised that some drone and photography sites are still taking pre-orders. For example:

Canada: DJI Goggles Aerial GOGGLES - Vistek Canada Product Specs
US: DJI Goggles Friendly Hobbies

I've immediately placed my pre-order with Vistek. Does anyone know if these pre-orders are legit (e.g., they will access to additional goggles once DJI formally release the gear)? And if they are, I hope this helps anyone who is in the same desperate boat as I was.

Now, I just have to wait.....

I've bought photography gear from Vistek in the past. Solid company. I would prefer that they take the order but not bill my CC until they actually receive the stock for sending out. Not sure what Vistek do. B&H are also taking orders, don't charge until it's time to ship (unlike in the past).

I preordered from Advexure. They've been nothing but good to me, so I wanted to be good to them in return.

They stated that they've sold out of their initial preorder stock already (that will ship approx 3rd week of May) and new preorders will ship in June. I'm early in the June batch; hoping some cancellations will move me up the list. Wouldn't that be nice?

I've bought photography gear from Vistek in the past. Solid company. I would prefer that they take the order but not bill my CC until they actually receive the stock for sending out. Not sure what Vistek do. B&H are also taking orders, don't charge until it's time to ship (unlike in the past).

Awesome glad to know. FYI Vistek has indicated that they would only charge my credit card once the order is available for shipping. And my bank account shows the same. All good!

Just ordered mine. I hope it can be delivered on the 20th of may which so happened on my birthday. What a wonderful birthday present to me I hope.

I like that I can also use the DJI Goggles with a gaming console or watch a movie with the HDMI port. That will make the price less painful.

But I don't have the"buy now" button anymore in the DJI Store http://www.dji.com/dji-goggles

I would never wear those on public. Like seriously I feel dumb enough when playing at home with my PSVR. Now with those on public? No no thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661