DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Just got my goggles in myself. Had all the same concerns. I will try the soap trick and the head Band trick. Of course it is almost 100 degrees out so they fog up quick

Just got my goggles in myself. Had all the same concerns. I will try the soap trick and the head Band trick. Of course it is almost 100 degrees out so they fog up quick
In the meantime I have discovered that a no-tears baby shampoo should even be better to avoid fogging

I found a simple method that worked for me. I used a battery operated fan that goes around the neck. It was about $15, and is a centrifugal fan that directs the air straight up on the face. I can leave a little gap between the bottom of the rubber face mask and my face and air flows through. The gap is small enough that light doesn't enter my peripheral vision at all. It's about 90F in the afternoon sun today, and that worked for me as a simple workaround. And kept me much cooler!

I'm a little apprehensive about any chemical coatings on the lenses, but I guess baby shampoo is about as gentle as they come.

Reactions: WolfgangStiller
I found a simple method that worked for me. I used a battery operated fan that goes around the neck. It was about $15, and is a centrifugal fan that directs the air straight up on the face. I can leave a little gap between the bottom of the rubber face mask and my face and air flows through. The gap is small enough that light doesn't enter my peripheral vision at all. It's about 90F in the afternoon sun today, and that worked for me as a simple workaround. And kept me much cooler!

I'm a little apprehensive about any chemical coatings on the lenses, but I guess baby shampoo is about as gentle as they come.

Can you share a link or specifics on the fan you used?

the one flaw that bugs me right now is no RC signal in the goggles. I like to know if i'm dropping any bars during flight.

There is a signal strength indicator in the goggles. It's the green bark in the middle near the top (it turns yellow if marginal and then red).

View attachment 17507
If the big white goggles makes you look like a weirdo already imagine after after you strap that around your neck!!!
Somebody will call 911 thinking that "The Empire is striking back".
Baby shampoo is really working well instead. Try it!

Reactions: Lespaxvera
I just received my Goggles, didn't fly yet:

The Good
  • The image is amazing, overall fits the expectations, I think I'll enjoy them while actually flying
  • The menus are easy as the setup
  • They came with .700 which is what I have on my bird and I will hold strong to it.
  • Everybody was saying that they are big and heavy but I don't think so
The Bad
  • The way it fits on my head is kind of strange, when I turn them up it feels like they will fall, you feel like you want a strap for an helmet, when turning the screen down it gets better but you feel that chinese people must have a not so vertical forehead
The Ugly
  • I sweat a lot and here is always hot, running to get them the first minutes I could not bear the fog they were creating, after calming down it went better, let's see in the field, a fan would have been more reassuring
I wish that somebody can give me some tips on the Bad and the Ugly, especially.

Not so vertical forehead lol

Chinese people have black hair, as do majority of westerners, so lets make the goggle gloss white only
so they stand out even more *doi*
And dont have a nice comfy head strap. have a stupid space frame headband, that sticks out and is less
comfortable. Ugh I Hate them so muchhhh

It messes with my head DJI can create something as Aesthetically slick as Mavic Pro, and
then make these. Your drone shouldn't be smaller than your googles

The fact there good inside makes me hate them more. argh*stomps a kitten*

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760