DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles vs. crystalsky for MP

Talley

Reactions
I have the regular DJI goggles. Literally used twice. I just upgraded the firmware so they work for the MP2 and was wondering what owners thoughts are of using the crystalsky device for photography needs. I don't film much but do a ton of photography. Just seems like the goggles are bulky and will be hard to travel. I do like how you get a better birds eye view and I feel like i can get closer to trees and such but I think the goggles aren't really my thing.

How does a crystalsky differ than an ipad?

Flying with goggles is way more fun than flying with a screen. For shooting photos or videos, however, I think a screen is better as you have more control of all the parameters.

A CrystalSky has much higher brightness than an iPad. Hence it works better in sunlight.

Depends if you travel abroad a lot too.

Goggles are illegal in lots (maybe even most) countries unless you have a spotter with you. A CS is very handy for seeing in bright sunlight and isnt illegal with a single operator.

I have both and would go with the CS over goggles. Goggles are cool but the CS will be more practical for you. I have the larger CS Ultra.

The big issue is that DJI is not good on updating the firmware to make it compatible with the new Mavic Pro 2. In addition, some have had heat issues.

Personally, I would hold off until version 2 of the CrystalSky. I doubt we are too far away.

Soft: Thanks for the info, I can wait but you didn't tell me how much battery life you get out of each of them.

It’s comes with 2 batteries and it will last you all day. I would say 12 full flights worth on a regular MP.

Wow! That’s a lot more time than I expected, thanks. I’ll keep my eye peeled for version two thanks again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN