DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Going to be getting Drone footage of a steel playground. How many feet should I keep the drone away from to avoid interference?

Ejp1288

Reactions
Hi all!

I am using my Mavic Pro to get some video of a relatively small Steel Playground. I know I shouldn't launch near it, but is there a rule of thumb on how many feet I should keep the drone away from the playground at all times? Maybe 15 feet minimum? How far away should I launch it from also?

I am trying to avoid any interference. Thanks!

I have wrought iron furniture and fencing that I launch and land around often. I keep a buffer of 15’-20’ and have never had any issues

Reactions: Ejp1288
Hi, I have a similar question.
I’m thinking of doing a hyperlapse video of a local road junction interchange. Problem is it’s boarderd by two strings of high tension electric cables for the U.K. national grid. These cables are x thousand volts.
I will be able to take off and land with plenty of clearance but ideally would like to fly a circle time lapse pattern which will take me over the two sets of cables.
Does anyone have an idea of how far the mag interference from the cables extends?
Thanks. Peter

I have high voltage lines going trough my property and fly quite often above them and below of them w/out any issues, the minimum distance above the wire in my case is about 20m or higher. Safe flight!

Reactions: Peter Hughes
I have high voltage lines going trough my property and fly quite often above them and below of them w/out any issues, the minimum distance above the wire in my case is about 20m or higher. Safe flight!

Thanks very much, it’s very appreciated. Take care. Pete

With power lines, the line voltage and weather have a lot to do with interference. Best to give a reasonable clearance because if you're caught doing any damage to a conductor or insulator it could be a hefty repair cost. As far as metal structures, I've flown through these types of bridges w/o issues. I suppose you could have problemsDJI_0008.JPG though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_