DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Going to England from US. What do I need to do?

MacDaddy12

Reactions
Hey All,
Would any of you have suggestions as to what I should do to make my Mavic Mini experience optimal for my England trip? Do I need to download maps or will the GPS pick everything up?

Hey All,
Would any of you have suggestions as to what I should do to make my Mavic Mini experience optimal for my England trip? Do I need to download maps or will the GPS pick everything up?

The most important thing you need to do is register yourself/drone first if over 250g (no idea about mavic mini):-

Do that before traveling.

Also familiarise yourself with the laws and regulations:-

The rules apply regardless of drone weight. You can't just fly anywhere you want. Make sure you download the NATs Drone Assist app to show you where you can and can't fly - do NOT rely on DJI Go4 for that, its very very inaccurate.

GPS is just satellites, they let the drone know where it is. No more than that.
Once in the UK connect the drone to a device with internet (mobile phone or wifi etc) and it'll get the no-fly zone databases updated and you can download maps. No different to operating in the US. Its exactly the same.

Best option, just buy a local SIM card with a few GB of data so you can download maps wherever you go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruffledfeathers
dont forget to get an adapter for your US plugs to UK plugs so you can charge up your stuff and check the voltage is compatable with UK

Last edited:
Here’s the drone code that you’ll need to follow;

No flying in villages, towns and cities basically.

The drone assist app tells you where you can and can’t fly in relation to airspace restrictions

If you’re coming after July 1st you’ll need to register as a drone owner, take a test and register as a pilot (£9).

Reactions: old man mavic
a welsh sheep farmer counting his sheep into a pen
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 hi gorgeous 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 love those eyelashes 20 21 22 23 24 you get the idea

Reactions: Lastrexking
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98